The Mamavation Sistahood now has seven pregnant Sistas. And it happened so quickly. Like there is something in the water that @mentallyinked, our Water Czar, has been getting us to drink. I’ve been wanting to do something special for these moms for some time now because fitness during pregnancy is VERY important and it needs to be addressed for everyone.
My two pregnancies were very different. My first pregnancy was a very unhealthy pregnancy with loads of stress. (Remember I was caring for my dying father.) The result of that was a difficult 36 hour labor and my son was born with many allergies (all of which he has grown out of already) & Sensory Integration Disorder. My last pregnancy was a super fit pregnancy and the results were a very easy 6 hour labor with 30 seconds of pushing and a baby that is perfectly healthy in every way. Now you never know why things happen, but I feel in my heart that the fitness regime contributed greatly to the health of Mr. Grumpy Pants, my second.
Here are some basic benefits of fitness during pregnancy:
1. Improves circulation which alleviates the following problems: constipation, hemorrhoids, varicose veins, leg cramps, and swelling of the ankles
2. Gives you more energy in a time when you are drained
3. Helps you sleep better
4. Improves mood swings
5. Prepares you for childbirth by giving you a shorter labor, fewer medical interventions, and less exhaustion during labor.
6. Studies show that babies suffer from less asthma & allergies (breastfeeding also contributes to this)
7. Studies show that babies have higher IQs (breastfeeding also contributes to this)
Tracey Mallett, our own Mamavation Trainer, will be on Monday night as our guest talking all about fitness during pregnancy. She has a wealth of knowledge in this area. Please invite your pregnant friends and friends that are looking to get pregnant soon to this show. It’s a very important topic. I know that not everyone is pregnant, but everyone knows someone that is or wants to be.
MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm EST/10pm PST on Mingle Media TV.
SISTA OF THE WEEK: And a BIG congratulations to Paige Bayer @Paigebayer for being the Sista of the Week! Give her props on twitter girls!!!!
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: OpenSky is sponsoring this week’s blogging carnival. What is Open Sky? Well, I’m glad you asked. OpenSky is a new commerce platform that enables authors, bloggers, media personalities, media brands and publishers to establish direct customer relationships with their audiences. These influencers are able to hand-select products and services related to their area of influence and expertise that they love and offer them to their audiences via their blogs, websites, newsletters, Twitter stream, Facebook pages, or public visibility. So basically, it’s like Amazon, but better cause you get a higher rate of return and if you have a product you adore that they don’t carry, they will find it and get it in their shop for you.
Mamavation will be opening up a OpenSky shop, but all proceeds will go either go to charity OR to someone in need in social media.
Don’t forget to mention OpenSky in your Mamavation Monday post with a link back to their site for a chance to win an EatSmart Precision Pro Scale. And anytime you want to refer to OpenSky on twitter use hashtag #opensky.
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over twitter.
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
1. E.L.F. Cosmetics Master Make-up Kit (1 winner)
2. Boogie Wipes from @boogiemom (1 winner)
3. Dr. Renna’s Book Growing Up Healthy The Next Generation Way (1 winner)
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
1. Hit the Linky
2. Tweet out this Message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV win @askelf makeup kit, Boogie Wipes from @boogiemom, OR Dr. Renna’s Book, http://bit.ly/9yz8eZ”
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
1. Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
2. Apply to open an Open Sky shop (2 entries)
Free shipping to the continental US only.