It is that time of year again. As moms we will pull off the ultimate balancing act combining our busy lives with holiday commitments. This time of year can be extremely stressful. Are you a master planner who floats through the holidays with a smile on your face? Are you a last-minute planner who gets through the rest of the year with sheer luck? No matter where you fall on the spectrum there will be stress.
Thanksgiving happens in “the States” in just under two weeks and it is hyperdrive after that as we celebrate the numerous winter holidays. Take this opportunity to work on your game plan or your coping plan. What you do now may help you avoid those stress-eating calories down the road (there will be plenty of opportunities for happy calories along the way).
Do not forget to RSVP and attend the Fan-tabulous Fiber Twitter Party on the 18th of November with Fiber Plus from 8-10 PM EST.
Special Guest: Patricia Friberg @patriciafri
Our special guest this week is Patricia Friberg. Patricia will talk about coping with holiday stress and share her 12 Days of Fitness Tips for families, kids, and holidays.
Patricia is a mother to two boys and has has been a fitness instructor teaching a variety of formats for over 15 years, including Pilates, Spinning, Kickboxing, Step, BOSU, Body Pump, Circuit, Outdoor Boot Camp, and Yoga to name a few. She also has over a decade of experience as a mental health counselor and holds a Master’s degree from Pratt Institute. She began her Stott Pilates training over a decade ago in Boston, New York, and Chicago culminating in full certification. She is certified in GYROTONIC, GYROKINESIS, and specialized equipment including the Jumping Stretching Board. Most recently, Patricia completed the comprehensive YogaWorks Yoga teacher training program.
Patricia’s newest DVD is Belly Beautiful Workout. This DVD is designed to to help you become stronger and feel beautiful throughout your pregnancy.
MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV.
SISTA OF THE WEEK: Much love to Scarlett of @MMScarlett for being the Sista of the Week! Go ahead and congratulate her on twitter! The Sista of the Week will receive an EA SPORTS Active “More Workouts” for the honor.
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Patricia Friberg. Two winners of the blogging carnival get a copy of Belly Beautiful Workout. Just mention Belly Beautiful Workout in your post and link back to Patricia’s site. Link up to the Mamavation Blogging Carnival here.
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over twitter. (Or later if I get swamped)
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
1. Belly Beautiful Workout DVD (3 winners)
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this Message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV. This week sponsored by @patriciafri. Join us!, http://bit.ly/b3MSXI” (Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
- Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Apply to open an Open Sky shop (2 entries)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (1 entry for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the #mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Become Facebook fan of Earth Footwear. (1 entry)
- Send out a tweet using the #commit2fit hashtag (1 entry)
- Tell SUBWAY what your commitment is on their Facebook page (2 entries)
- Follow @patriciafri on twitter (1 entry)
Please use the form below to enter the Movement Challenge and enter to win a FREE session with Pete Cohen.
Please RSVP by using the linky below