Mamavation Applicants: Who Do You Recommend?

Choosing five women from all the Mamavation applicants is a very tough job. What I have started to do that has been very helpful for me is (1) Having Kia @bodhi_bear, our Mamavation Community Manager, interview them and give me her opinion on who she thinks can handle the job and (2) ask the Applicant’s friends and family about them. They know them the best.

So here is what I’m asking. Do you know any of the applicants? If so, please let me know in the comments which Mamavation Applicant you support and why. I’m looking for stories about these women. Do you know any? Do you have a tale of strength, courage or dedication you think I would be interested in hearing? I know you like them. It will be obvious if you visit this page, but I want to hear a story about them. Let me know by showing me what they have done in the past, why this opportunity is perfect for them as well.

This is incredible helpful to me when I make my decision…and I’m making it very soon!

And it would also be helpful to include their twitter name with your comment.

I will make my decisions about Mamavation Applicants by Monday, March 28th and post a voting widget on this site for you to vote. Voting will go on for a week and we will announce the two winners on April 4th during our twitter party. Come RSVP!

Thanks for your help!

Mamavation
Leah Segedie is the Founder of Mamavation and Bookieboo, a blogger network. After losing over 100 lbs, she started a career mentoring women in health and since then has assisted in over 3,500 lbs lost via the Mamavation community. Leah and her work has been mentioned in Ladies Home Journal, Reader's Digest, Fitness, Women's Day, CNN, ABC, CBS, the O'Reilly Factor, AOL, Entrepreneur, and Yahoo to name a few. She works from home in her fuzzy slippers.
Mamavation
Pinterest

Comments

1. Miacupcake, hands down.

I am a 29 year old male, single and possess a foul mouth. There is no reason why I should have any association with this woman … yet we have floated into each other’s respective atmospheres and she’s been an inspiration to many folks via “the Twitter” – especially to myself. I plan a career around social media, and a great deal of my technique (whether or not she knows this) has been derived from her, in terms of “personality” and bringing a voice to an account.

Her story-telling technique would be a boon to any of your efforts, and as a potential brand ambassador you could do no worse, I assure you. She permeates social membranes at ease and floats in a wide circle/has broad reach in the Pacific Northwest. She’s funny as hell, relates to people on a various levels, in various walks of life. She wants to help people … and people want to help her. Which is why I’m here. Against my will … and completely outnumbered by estrogen. I must flee … but I hope the right decision is made here. Ta. =)

These are skills that are hard to quantify and/or measure, but they are present in this one.

2. I cast my vote for Libby (@miacupcake).

I met Libby when we were both first getting involved in roller derby. At the time, we were both going through horrendous break-ups and life upheavals. This will make no sense whatsoever, but her almost crazy optimism was one of the few things keeping me sane. That was a five years ago; I can still count on her to be the stable crazy one who will cheer and support me.

There is a term in the world of roller derby for someone who will always have your back, regardless of league, team, roster status, injuries, anything. It’s called a “derby wife”. I have never regretted marrying Libby.

Libby works harder than anyone I have ever known. She has gone through so many trials and tribulations that I cannot even begin to list them here, though through it all she has remained in constant forward motion with a smile on her face and a joke on her lips.

Entrepreneur, devoted mother and partner, trusted teammate, sturdy shoulder, steady rock, gifted writer, insane nutball and so much more! She deserves a chance to care for herself for once. God knows she has certainly taken excellent care of the rest of us.

3. While all of the applicants are well beyond worthy of such an amazing title and all that it brings, two stick out most in my mind.

Lena (@elenak29) because she is such an amazing person. She never gives up and is always offering advice, support, and just a listening ear anytime anyone needs it. When I first joined as a sista, Lena stepped up and offered so much support even though she didn’t even know me. Late night tweets to comfort me through some really difficult times when I felt so alone.
    If anybody can do this, Lena can!

Another sista I believe is worthy of being a Mamavation Mom is Andrea (@notimemom) because like many others have said, she is just plain awesome! She chooses to do the healthiest possible, despite all that she’s been handed in life. She’s not only bettering her own life, but also that of her children.

4. I think @JustHeather is a perfect candidate for Mamavation. When Heather makes up her mind to do something, that girl sticks with it! But instead of charging ahead without any regards to others, Heather always seems to seek ways to bring others along with her: to encourage them and to make them believe that anything is possible with hard work and a cheerful attitude. Heather is so authentic. What you see on Twitter and in her blogging is exactly what you get in real life. She will bring her passion, enthusiasm and humor into this Mamavation journey, and I guarantee she will bring many of us along with her. I should know – she’s already convinced me to finally run that 5K I’ve been talking about for ages!

5. Dawn Dempsey says:

My vote would go to @SalemMomma. She works so hard at everything she does. She’s the one person who I can call, no matter what the problem is, she’s there to listen and help in any way she can. I really look up to her.

6. Teri Headrick says:

@SalemMomma deserves this. She has four children whom she cares for 24-7, and she really deserves something for herself. She’s a hard working mother of four girls, and I would love to see her happy with who she is, not just on the inside, but on the outside as well.

7. My vote would be for my niece @SalemMomma. She is one of the most terrific moms I know…she has 4 girls who are growing up to be fantastic little ladies. She spent many years working, helping to put her husband through school. She never let that interfere with the quality time she spent with her girls. With the last 2 girls, she has been able to be a stay at home mom, which only makes her all the better mom. She is very much into giving the girls happy memories of their childhood. She thinks of the most amazing daytrips to take with the girls, and they talk about those trips long after. She also is a great sister to her siblings, always there to talk and guide them through day to day life, giving insight into experiences she has had that will help them weather any kind of storm. She is just a fantastic lady!

8. Ingrid Dempsey says:

@SalemMomma deserves to win. Caring for four children leaves her with very little time to care for herself. In order for her to be a good role model for her young daughters she needs to feel and look good herself. A happy Mom is a great Mom.

9. I’m nominating Libby @miacupcake I met her at an event where I didn’t know anyone and I just asked to sit down next to her and she was totally cool with that and we hit it off that evening.

I’m getting to know her and I’m excited to learn more; she’s very down to earth and up front which is an amazing quality to have. It shows that she possess strength and drive, which are just a few points of a good leader. Anyone willing to put their weaknesses out there by sharing their weight loss struggle is number 1 in my book.

10. I vote for Eliza, homemom3. I met her through a weight loss and mom’s group. She is strong and always encourages me with her kind words and steady weight loss. She really sticks to her goals.

11. Just last Sunday, I was over at @JustHeather’s house for a girls’-night-in get together. As the group talked, I could see her determination to follow this Mamvation program through to the end. Not only did she pass on the fun drinks she prepared for others, she provided us a healthy (and gluten-free, of course!) spread of snacks. She spoke of her success giving up soda, and the effect she’s seen already changing her eating habits and starting to exercise. She’s not afraid to be candid about her struggles and progress, and she has a great support system to come alongside her. She’s even motivated friends to go along with her in this Mamavation journey! I continue to be impressed with her determination and enthusiasm to see this through. @JustHeather can do it!

12. I vote for @SalemMomma. She one of the most busiest women I know. She is a wonderful mother of four beautiful daughters, a wife, a student, and a great sister. Even though she is moving non-stop all day she still has time for the ones she loves. Whenever someone needs her, she is there for them. She is so creative! She takes her family on interesting day trips and documents it all with photos and scrapbooks. It’s important to her to make everlasting memories with her family. Even when she cooks and bakes, she finds creative, healthy, and delicious recipes that she can make with her daughters. I have always looked up to her growing up, and still do!

13. I vote for Eliza(homemom3). Her commitment to her weight loss is very inspiring. I used to work with her at b5media and I’ve witnessed the same commitment, as well as her professionalism while balancing life, work, and motherhood ever so gracefully.

14. Eliza, homemom3. Seriously. When she puts her mind to something, she does it. Sticks with it and goes full throttle. I’ve been following her and online friends with her for quite a while and think she would be a great choice!

15. I think Eliza Homemom3 would be great! When she puts her mind to something she does her hardest to follow thru. She is a great mom and she has been studying on line to get get degree while helping her kids with school projects. And I think she is brave putting her weight loss project on line where everyone can follow her progress !

16. My vote is for Sandra/@creativebug. At the risk of sounding cliché, she is one of the most incredible women I know. This lady has been in my life since I was in 7th grade. Talk about watching someone on a journey to self-discovery. Her younger years were spent as a conflicted teenage girl and a free spirited college student. Her hair color changed with her mood. By her late 20s she settled down with a husband and started a family. This should be a happy story with birds singing. The truth is she experienced some tough times with a husband who suffered from alcohol addiction. Through it all she kept her chin up and her poker face on. Most people wouldn’t know the pain she felt because she just didn’t talk about it. She kept her emotions locked up and put herself on the bottom of the priority list. In the last couple of years she realized something had to change – her. She faced some demons, decluttered her life, and just took a good deep breath. Last year she started walking, and walking, and walking some more. She lost weight and boosted her serotonin levels all at once. Not wanting to stop there, she started Yoga, joined the community theater playhouse (she is a terrific vocalist), and began a healthy diet (organic and gluten free). She feels good and wants to keep the momentum going. She found out about Mamavation and thinks it is the perfect challenge to keep her moving in the right direction. I support her in this. She is the perfect candidate because she is dedicated to being healthy and happy.

17. Homemom3 (Eliza) has been on her own cruisade to lose weight for a few months now, and has lost a significant amount already. She has what it takes to go the 7 weeks. She’s the perfect candidate because she has proven that this is something she can do, is dedicated to doing, and has a strong desire to improve her physical self. She has my vote!

18. Tanja Cilia says:

I am sure Eliza Ferree, aka homemom3 should be a Mamavation Mom for the next 7 weeks… for the simple reason that I have watched (and judged) her progress over the last few weeks and I am impressed. A lot. I wish I could be like her and have the motivation required to get fit and lose weight at the same time.

19. Keri H-S says:

Oh, I would vote for Eliza Ferree, aka homemom3 as a Mamavation Mom for the next 7 weeks. A go-getter, determined, motivated, upbeat, go for the gold kind of lady that has already managed to lose 25 pounds. What an achievement! She is simply amazing. She would do you proud and be the perfect candidate.Watching her lose her weight has been nothing short of inspiring.

20. Brenda Johnston says:

I vote for Eliza Ferree aka HomeMom3. She has been working hard for losing weight while gaining a new-found morale. She has been an inspiration and cheerleader for others to get fit. She would be a great choice to join your 7-week program.

Stop Being Marketed To!

Close this popup

Discover what is truly healthy. Get our free tips on how to prevent disease in your home.

• Real Food