Join us on Wednesday, November 30th from 8-10pm EST for a party with Together Counts on how to eat during the holiday and maintain your health.
Okay, so let’s face it! It’s the holidays. It’s very tough to resist all the cookies, pudding, cakes, homemade apple pie, fast food drive-bys while you are crazy busy and shopping. Everyone seems to indulge and then freaks out afterwards when their pants won’t fit anymore. Then come January we get crazy and start exercising like a fiend, read all the weight loss books and try all the new fitness gimmicks and come end of January we run out of steam. Okay, it really doesn’t have to be that way. This year we can actually do better. And I don’t mean by resisting everything you see, you can do it by concentrating on “Energy Balance” and watching your portions.
Yes, even Bookieboo will eat a piece of pumpkin pie. So let’s not freak out!
Together Counts is a nationwide program inspiring active and healthy living. The principle behind the program is Energy Balance, which means balancing the calories we consume with the calories we burn. Calories in, calories out. It’s that simple. Together Counts was started by The Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation, a CEO–led organization, that is a national, multi-year effort designed to help reduce obesity–especially childhood obesity–by 2015. It’s a first-of-its kind coalition that brings together more than 160 retailers, food and beverage manufacturers, restaurants, sporting goods and insurance companies, trade associations and non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and professional sports organizations. The Healthy Weight Commitment Foundation promotes ways to help people achieve a healthy weight through energy balance–calories in and calories out. It focuses on three critical areas–the marketplace, the workplace and schools. You can see a list of their partners here.
Date: Wednesday, November 30th
Time: 8-10pm EST
Customized tweet grid: coming soon
1. @Bookieboo–Hostess with the Mostess
2. @Resourcefulmom–Twitter Oprah (That means giveaways YO!)
3. @oldetowneinn, Chief Representing Together Counts (More info to come…)
Giveaways: $700 worth of gift certificates up for grabs!
1. Details to come…
How to Enter: (Please leave comment for EACH entry)
1. Tweet this message (limit 1 tweet per hour, max 30 entries, 1 entry per tweet)
TONITE: Health During the Holidays Chat w/@Bookieboo & @togethercounts 8-10pm EST $700 in GC, http://bit.ly/tSDA2u #healthykids
2. Share this on your Facebook wall (1 entry)
3. Comment on the Together Counts Facebook Wall (1 entry)
4. Take the pledge on Together Counts (3 entries)
5. Comment on the Mamavation Facebook wall (1 entry)
6. Join Bookieboo (5 entries)
7. Hit up Leah Segedie on Facebook and say hi! (1 entry)
8. Add @Bookieboo to one of your lists on twitter (1 entry per list)
9. Share the Together Counts video on your Facebook wall. (1 entry per share)
Hope to see you all there!!!
RSVP to the linky below