I am not sure what I am more excited about – #BabyBookieboo or the Memorial Day weekend. Both seem like really good reasons for celebration, so let’s do just that! We really hope that you spend plenty of time outside with friends and loved ones, and while you are there – don’t forget to stay hydrated.
We asked our Mamavation Moms to share their favorite recipes with the community
Hanan’s (@LilacCityMomma) Chicken Fried “Rice”
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small bag of shredded coleslaw mix (I used rainbow slaw: broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- minced garlic
- low sodium soy sauce
- fat free chicken broth
- Using a food processor (or cheese grater) grate the head of the cauliflower down to the size of rice.
- Cube and stir fry chicken breasts in 1 tbsp of olive oil. Set aside
- Scramble the eggs in pan spray. Set aside.
- Stir fry the coleslaw mix and garlic in 1 tbsp of olive oil, about 5 minutes on medium.
- Add another tbsp of olive oil and the grated cauliflower to the coleslaw mix. Stir fry another 5-7 minutes. Add a few tbsp’s of chicken broth as you go. This will help steam the veggies.
- Add back the chicken and eggs. Add soy sauce to taste.
Wendy’s (@WeightsOver) Marinated Chicken (It’s my take of one I found on the web- I and I always keep a bottle around)
- 1 16 oz. bottle Newman’s Own Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing (You can probably use any type of Italian dressing made with olive oil as long as it’s not low fat)
- 1 pkg. Zesty Italian dressing mix (powdered mix)
- 1 T Spike Seasoning or all purpoe seasoning
- 1 T italian seasining
- 1.2 tsp ground pepper
Toss some frozen chicken breast in here in the morning and grill it later for dinner. It has never, ever fail. Not once. I’ve also used it on veggies, fish and steak, but it ROCKS on chicken!
There will be no Mamavation TV on Monday, May 28. Enjoy your time with your families and stay safe!
Do you still have to write your Mamavation Post, link it up in our BLOGGING CARNIVAL, and encourage others to stay healthy and fit? Absolutely YES. Link up your post here.
Here is a great idea for your Mamavation Monday post. Our forums have been doing incredibly well with so many topics and conversations going. In your Mamavation Post talk a topics discussed in the forums and link back to that topic or a thread in the forums. We would love if you can e/ncourage your readers to participate in our forum conversations.
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over Twitter. (Or later if I get swamped)