What are you feeding your family? If you shop at a conventional grocery store, you actually have no idea.
Over 70% or more of the groceries in the supermarket are made from genetically modified foods. They were created in a laboratory. The seeds that became soy or corn are both a poison AND a food. They aren’t really “natural.” Do you want to know where they are?
Let’s LABEL them.
It took close to one million signatures to get The CA Right to Know Labeling GMOs initiative on the California ballot, but it’s going to take ONE MILLION MORE to support it nationwide for it to become a reality–write, vote, & give.
As a mother, do you feel like you have the right to know what you are feeding your family? Do you have the right to know what is in your food? If you are for transparency in food labeling, then join us on Wednesday, September 12 at 10pm EST (7pm PST) for the Moms for Transparency in Labeling Twitter Party to Label GMOs. Let’s talk about why transparency in food is so important. Let’s protect our families.
Join us for a Twitter Party about Labeling GMOs
Who: @CARighttoknow & @CARighttoknowPR
When: Wednesday, September 12th
Time: 10-11pm EST AND 7-8pm PST
Hashtags: #yeson37 #LabelGMOs
- Studies suggest that GMOs can cause allergies and other significant health risks, such as toxicity to the liver or kidney
- Infants and children are more sensitive to chemicals and toxins than adults
- Since genetically modified foods were introduced into the food supply the following childhood diseases have increased significantly according to Healthy Child Healthy World
- Allergies in children are up by 400%
- Asthma in children are up by 300%
- ADHD in children is up by 400%
- Autism in children is up by 1,500%
- Bt-toxin from GM corn was found in about 93% of pregnant women and 80% of their unborn
- Herbicide tolerant GMOs have toxins in them which are associated with causing the following diseases in children: birth defects, cancer, hormone disruption, etc.
- Genetically engineered crops can cause environmental problems such as increased pesticide use, weed resistance, unintentional contamination of non-GMO crops, and harm to bees and other wildlife
About Prop 37.
- Prop 37 if passed in California will require packaged food companies to label whether they have genetically modified food in their products by January of 2014
- Prop 37 will allow moms to make more educated decisions about what they feed their family
Even if you don’t live in California, the actions you take online can directly impact whether you get labeling in the grocery store in your state. California is a trend setter and the 8th largest economy in the world. If you help us create awareness about labeling, it’s likely to get rolled out in your grocery store after January 2014.
We have the support of some amazing moms for this party. Each one wants to see more transparency in food labeling.
@Bookiebooo–Hostess with the Mostess
1. Natures Path- VIP gift basket (1 winner)
2. Beanitos- Variety pack of Beanitos GMO free chips (3 winners)
3. The War On Bugs books by Farmer Dr. Will Allen (3 winners)
4. Hawaiian Ola- VIP gift basket (1 winner)
5. Organic Consumers Association T-Shirts (2 winners)
6. Yes On 37 get active pack (2 winners)
7. Choose Your Freedom T Shirts (2 winners)
8. Millions Against Monsanto Bumper Stickers (5 winners)
9. Food Democracy Now T-shirt (1 winner)
10. Whole Soy & Company gift baskets (2 winners)
11. The Fresh 20 Annual Meal Plan Subscription (1 winner)
If your company would like to donate a basket, email me at bookieboo78 (at) gmail (dot) com
(This list will be updated soon)
How to Enter Giveaways:
You can win two different ways: (1) people at party will be chosen at random based on tweets. So basically the more you tweet during the party, the more likely you are to win. (2) people will be selected at random here on the site based on comment entries, so leave a comment for EACH entry.
(Don’t forget to comment for every entry please)
1. Tweet this message (1 entry):
2NITE: Join Moms 4 Transparency in Labeling. Learn about the #LabelGMOs movement 10-11pm EST, http://bit.ly/Ovt5LG #Yeson37
2NITE: What R we feeding our kids? Learn abt #LabelGMOs at @CARighttoknow Twitter Party 10pm EST, http://bit.ly/Ovt5LG #Yeson37
2. Facebook this message (1 entry):
3. Join the Evangelist Team to continue supporting us online (5 entries)
4. Donate to the campaign (10 entries)
5. Follow CARighttoKnow on Facebook (1 entry)
6. Follow Mamavation on Facebook (1 entry)