This Mamavation campaign is going to be a bit different than the others.
We are welcoming back moms that have ALREADY been though the boot camp for another round. What happens to Mamavation Moms after the campaign? Well we put them in a six month contract in order to watch over them. They are asked to post weekly, stay active in the community, and train to run a 5K. But sometimes, life gets in the way and we lose some of them. Some lose additional weight while others maintain or gain some weight back. Ultimately we all make our own decisions, but this is about a lifestyle change and that takes patience. We overcome challenges and then there are others. It’s constant. We recognize that as a community. But we never give up on ourselves even if we have back slided. We keep on keeping on.
Campaign #14 is about 2nd chances. I’ve decided to bring a bunch of them back for a special campaign. These women are going to be working very hard this campaign AND they are going to be put in teams competing with each other on who can lose the highest amount of body weight percentage as a team. The winners will get either cash or prizes. Those details are still being worked on, but to kick off this campaign, we are doing our very first Facebook Party and I’d love for you to join.
And…the Mamavation Moms are getting a little help from Billy Blanks and Tae Bo to get the job done. The Creator of Tae Bo has created the fitness plan for the Mamavation Moms and will be helping encourage them online. Shellie, his daughter, will also be engaging with the Mamavation Moms to bring them encouragement and support. She knows lots about getting in shape as a busy mom because she is one. We are excited about this new partnership and are looking forward to bringing some Tae Bo love to Mamavation.
What: Mamavation Facebook Party for Campaign #14
When: Monday, October 22nd
Time: 8-9pm EST
Where: Mamavation Fan Page, http://www.facebook.com/mamavation
Mamavation Mom Boot Camp Teams:
Team One: Shelley Oswald & Jenny Gniadecki
Team Two: Meagan Carter & Shannon Sanders
Team Three: Wendy Del Monte & Rachel Habegger
Team Four: Andrea Kruse & Angela Bishop
Team Five: Megan H. & Amanda O’Dair
The campaign will go from October 22nd to December 10th. After the last weigh-in on December 10, the winning teams will be determined. But before we start, come help us celebrate with the launch party. AND we will be giving away prizes to those people who support us that night. One special note: In order to participate you will need to refresh Facebook so that you can see all the comments coming in.
Giveaways (chosen via entries here and live during event based on comments):
1. Billy Blanks “The Dojo Series”: This full body fitness DVD series features 6 titles encompassing all disciplines that will add power and tone your body: Tae Bo Express, Tae Bo Bootcamp Shred, Tae Bo Power, Tae Bo Max Intensity, Tae Bo Advanced, Tae Bo Classic . (3 winners)
2. Hard Candy Fitness Presents: Addicted to Sweat. Features the exclusive programs based on Madonna’s workout routines, previously only available at Hard Candy Fitness Clubs. Madonna’s Personal Trainer Nicole Winhoffer, implements Hard Candy Fitness’ results-driven techniques and programming created by Madonna for the four-disc DVD set, which blends innovative dance, toning, and cardio training. Challenging but Madonna always says “No sweat, no candy.” (3 winners)
3. Jabbawockeez School of Dance. Basically break-dancing 101. A 5-disc DVD series that takes the viewer through exclusive, never before seen, carefully choreographed, Jabbawockeez dance routines. Each disc features step-by-step instructions and break dancing moves. Fun. (3 winners)
4. Tara Stiles This is Yoga: 4 Disc set educating beginners and helps advanced yogis freshen their skills with a brevy of workouts convenient for any location, anytime. (3 winners)
Enter to win on Mamavation. And we will have a conversation on Facebook. Optional ways of entering (Canadians welcome. Please comment for every entry.):
1. Tweet this message (max 30 entries)
” #Mamavation is hosting Facebook Party kick off. Join us for a great time & prizes 10/22 at 8pm EST! http://bit.ly/QbquJF ”
2. Tell people about this event on the social platform of your choice and then tell me here what you did. (1 entry per shout out)
3. Engage during party.
Please RSVP to the Facebook Event Page here. Thank you!