As a Mom of a little girl I will one day have “The Talk” with my daughter. You know the “You are growing up and your body is changing” type talk. However, when it comes to menopause women usually wish they knew more about it before they had to face it. Who will sit down with us for the 2nd vital talk, and walk us through what will start happening to our bodies some day?
Here is a tricky thing though, we usually don’t want to talk about menopause. I am sure some of our community members don’t think much of it, because it doesn’t apply to them. However, you’d be surprised to learn that some women experience pre-menopausal symptoms as early as 35. That’s right, you might have kids in diapers and have to deal with pre-menopausal issues. This week Mamavation TV show is about education and learning what we need to know now before the menopause knocks on our doors.
Special Guest: Kelley A. Connors, MPH, Founder of Real Women on Health
Kelley is the founder of Real Women on Health, an on-line community and radio show that educates, empowers and engages women so they can take more charge of their health and wellbeing. From heart health to sexuality, and surviving with cancer, Kelley brings passion and expertise to the topics she shares with her Real Women on Health audience and her advocacy partners.
Kelley also contributes her expertise and passion for women’s health and wellness to some of the most recognizable global organizations. As a member of the American Heart Association’s Westchester/Fairfield County GO RED Leadership Team, Kelley brings her advocacy-to-action to raise awareness and raise funds to improve education and awareness of heart disease as a woman’s issue. Kelley is also a member of the American Cancer Society’s Blogger Advisory Council, helping to draw attention to the most important cancer-related issues facing women.
She is a competitive rower and a yoga enthusiast, living in Connecticut with her husband and dog Lucy.
MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Schick Intuition. 2 blogging carnivals participants will each receive Schick Intuition Razor.
Schick® Intuition Naturals Sensitive Care™ has a Skin Conditioning Solid™ that contains 100% natural Aloe with Vitamin E, and is fragrance free and hypo-allergenic so it’s gentle on your skin and helps reduce irritation.
Now gentler on the environment with 100% recyclable packaging made with recycled materials!
Be sure to include the following disclosure “This post is sponsored by Schick Intuition and hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway” at the bottom of your post.” Link up your post here.
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over twitter. (Or later if I get swamped).
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
- Schick Intuition Razor (2 winners)
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV. Join menopause talk w Kelly @RealWomenHealth! This week sponsored by @SchickIntuition http://bit.ly/RmmAwX” (Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
- Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (2 entries for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the #mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Follow @InspiredRD on Twitter (1 entry)
- Like Real Women on Health on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow @SchickIntuition on Twitter (1 entry)
- Give @Bookieboo Klout points, +Klout in Fitness, nutrition, health, social media, or parenting. (1 entry each)