The citizens of Washington State will be voting on an initiative on whether or not they want GMOs labeled in November. Washington State is now my hero.
This is round two for labeling.
Last year, Californians were encouraged to vote against their own interests when the biotech opposition misrepresented the facts about our initiative scaring minority members and senior citizens. We ended up losing by less than 6% of the vote. We can’t let this happen this time around! That is why I’m calling on every blogger who is interested in GMOs being labeled to speak up about this issue on their own platforms. You don’t need to be an expert, you only need to get people googling about the topic.
GMO Labeling Solidarity Week September 9-14th
I’m proposing we all join with the #Yeson522 campaign during the week of September 9th and let everyone know why labeling GMOs is a VERY good idea. I have talking points for anyone who wants them, including conversation starters. You don’t need to be an expert, you only need to have a desire to have the items on your grocery store labeled. Our right to basic information on the food we eat everyday is being hidden from us and this is just plain wrong. Over 64 countries and the vast majority of industrialized nations already ban or label GMOs. Why has America fallen so far behind with these type of basic rights?
This can be remedied by popular vote.
Who’s keeping you from knowing what’s in your groceries? Big pesticide and junk food companies. The same companies that funded anti-transparency efforts in California last year are at it again. Yes on 522′s opposition is well-funded by pesticide and junk food companies who are more concerned with their bottom line than our right to know. Help share Yes on 522 with your friends and family in Washington State. Tell them to vote YES on 522 this November!
If you are interested in posting about this please hit the linky below with your website link and name. I also need you to fill out this form so that I can send you more information before you post.
AND for those of you who are posting, there are several brands getting involved wanting to thank you for doing so by offering giveaways:
- GMO Inside kits (3 winners)
- Yes on 522 gift bags (3 winners)
- Green America gift bags (3 winners)
- Boiron cough and cold gift bags homeopathic medicine containing Oscillo, Chestal & ColdCalm valued at $30 (3 winners)
- Stonyfield gift bags including $30 in product certificates, Stonyfield cookbook and Preserve brand cooking tools. (3 winners)
How to Enter:
1. Create a post about labeling GMOs during the week of September 9th
2. Promote your post in social media using the hashtag #yeson522 on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
3. Come back to this post and link up your post in the comment section. Posts will be selected at random to win and we will contact you.
Hit the linky below with your name and URL if you are interested in participating: