Good bye, for now…
Talking about the FASTEST 7 weeks of my life! I heard it would fly by, but BOY. Someone should have told us to fasten our seat-belts! The amount of information that was given to us just blew my mind (and it continues to do so). Y’all, this Mamavation Mom experience has been the most amazing journey for my family.
I want to share the top 10 things I learned from this campaign:
1. Forget trusting big drug/food/manufacturing business. Yes, organic companies are big companies. But I mean REAL big. Like GMO big. Like Monsanto big. Like the “manufacturers-of-cancer-causing-shampoos-and-conditioners-for-infants” kind of big (you know who I am talking about). NO. They do not, for the most part, have our best interest at heart. READ YOUR LABELS. Do your research.
2. People really do learn from *your* mistakes, and they want to know how to do it better. I can’t tell you how many people have come to me for advice on detoxing this or that. It’s been a HUGE blessing to be able to share the information I have learned, and the brands we have been gifted with. I know several people are ordering new mattresses, many are switching to clean cleaning products, they are washing their kids in clean shampoo, etc. It makes me feel SO good to be able to pass along what I have learned!
3. If you can’t do something, it doesn’t always mean you can’t. I couldn’t do a push-up for the first 3/4 of this campaign. Guess what? I can do a push-up (or four) now. Sometimes, it’s the little things that show us the big things.
4. Community is Key One of the BIGGEST perks of this campaign was our awesome support team. Leah, Mark, Joanna, Jeanae, Rebecca, Alysa, Melissa (my fit friend) and all of our guest speakers have made this a very rewarding and productive experience. I can not speak highly enough of surrounding yourself with people who will encourage you and build you up!
5. Don’t Give Up. EVER. I thought Mark’s workouts would kill me. I mean, as in, keel over dead kinda kill me. But you know what? They didn’t. And not only did they not kill me, I began to crave the after feeling of the work outs. So you know what? I am going to keep on with them! Thanks, Mark!
6. Eating more veggies IS good for you. I know, it’s cliche, “eat your veggies”. But really, do. And eat good ones on the clean 15 list. And buy organic/local when you can. It really does taste SO much better!
7. It’s OK to NOT wear deodorant. Yes. I went there. I don’t want ANYTHING to do with aluminum anymore. So people, if I stink I apologize. But stinking is better than cancer or Alzheimer’s. So there. Get over it. We were made to smell “gamey” at times. Or else we wouldn’t. M’kay? (for the record, the alum stone and baking soda works well…except don’t put on baking soda after you shave. It WILL burn your pits. I’m just sayin’….)
8. It’s not about the weight-loss sometimes. This was the hardest for me to grasp when the scale wouldn’t move or would fluctuate. Sometimes, it’s just about being healthy. Eating healthy. LIVING healthy. The weight will come off. Stress doesn’t help it come off. So don’t stress over the scale.
9. My family depends on me WAY more than I thought. And no, I am not talking about laundry, or cleaning, or day to day love/care. I am speaking of being the gatekeeper of what comes into our home. And not just that, but what they come in contact with while OUT of our home. Sorry family members, if we offend you by what we don’t eat. Yes. There is room for error (a.k.a treats) but they will be fewer and far in between. Let’s work together to find healthier alternatives to treats, ok?
10. I love myself. Yes, that sounds selfish. But in order to be effective in the lives of my family, and to make major changes in myself, I have to love myself. I didn’t love myself so much before this campaign. But I am finding through perserverance, hard work, and blood/sweat/tears, that I am lovable. And that will only spill over into the lives of those I love. If I take care of me, it makes it a WHOLE lot easier to take care of others.
Fitness and Weight-Loss
Yes, I am down 11.5lbs with one more weigh in to go tomorrow morning. And I am down 13.5 inches. It’s a drop in the bucket, but I have to start somewhere! I am QUITE proud of my progress!
Be sure to join us for the Girl’s Night – Detox with a Slumber Party on Monday night! You’ll learn lots, have a blast, and you can win an AWESOME Bona floor mop (LOVE mine!)
This isn’t goodbye…it’s “see ya real soon”….I’ll still be around! Let’s encourage each other with more weight loss and detoxing!