Do you have the right to know what’s in your food?
Mamavation thinks so. Labeling is common sense. Shoppers have the right to know what they are purchasing. Moms have a right to know what is going into the mouths of their children. And we all have the right to basic information about our food.
But right now we don’t have these basic rights because genetically modified ingredients (GMOs) are not labeled…and they dominate the grocery store.
The State of Washington will be voting on this issue in November. Over 350,000 Washingtonians signed a petition to get I-522 on the fall ballot. They have the support of farmers, fishermen, moms and dads, chefs, business and health care professionals. And the rest of United States supports them as well. 9 out of 10 Americans support labeling of GMOs regardless of race, religion, sex or party affiliation.
Who’s keeping you from knowing what’s in your groceries? Big pesticide and junk food companies. The same companies that funded the anti-transparency efforts in California last year are at it again. This time it is in Washington. Washington is the only state where labeling GMOs is on the fall ballot. Join Washington’s Yes on 522 team and support bringing more transparency to our groceries.
Join us for a twitter party on Monday, September 9th from 7-8pm PST (10-11pm EST) to amplify our message in hopes to reach more people in the state of Washington.
What: Twitter Party about Your Right to Know
When: Monday, September 9th
Time: 7-8pm PST (10-11pm EST)
Where: Use #Yeson522 on Twitter
Who: Panelists for this Party
@Bookieboo–Twitter Party Host
Giveaways: (more to come…)
- Boiron cough, cold & flu bags with homeopathic medicine including Oscillo, Chestal & ColdCalm valued at $30 (3 winners)
- Stonyfield gift bags containing $30 in free coupons, a Stonyfield cookbook & Preserve brand cooking tools (6 winners)
- Yes on 522 gift bags (3 winners)
- GMOInside Kits (3 winners)
- Green America gift bags (3 winners)
- Nutiva Red Palm Oil (1 winner)
- The Unhealthy Truth book by Robyn O’Brien (3 winners)
- The War on Bugs book by Farmer Will Allen (1 winner)
- Organic Consumers Association T-shirts (2 winners)
- Millions Against Monsanto Bumper Stickers (5 winners)
How to Enter:
1. Share our message on two social media platforms of your choice like Twitter & Facebook
Support #LabelGMOs in Washington State! Join our Solidarity Twitter Party 9/9 at 7pm PST, http://bit.ly/14bPiGE #Yeson522
Calling all bloggers! Support Labeling of #GMOs in Washington State! Solidarity Twitter Party 9/9, http://bit.ly/14bPiGE #yeson522
Sample Facebook and Google Update:
Support labeling of #GMOs by showing solidarity on September 9th during a Twitter Party! We are encouraging Washingtonians to vote #Yeson522 because shoppers have a right to know! http://bit.ly/14bPiGE
2. During the event, giveaways are chosen at random based on usage of the #Yeson522 hashtag.
3. Please hit the linky below so we know you are coming