5. Stress can do funky things. Even if you are doing everything perfect with nutrition and exercise, stress can really affect how your body responds to it all. Figure out some ways to take care of your mental health, first and foremost.
4. Don’t sweat the small stuff. Do what you can. Forget the rest. Sometimes you cannot get it all done and sometimes you just have to deal with it. As someone that likes to plan and likes to determine my own fate, it has been difficult to let go of control and roll with the punches. It has become easier though. I am learning.
3. Don’t worry about tomorrow. Forget about yesterday. You can’t change yesterday and tomorrow will take care of itself. Live in the moment and make the most of each one. When you make a mistake, move on. You cannot change it. Tomorrow is a new day. Don’t get stuck in the mistakes of today.
2. I feel so much better eating right and exercising. Everything is better when I take better care of myself. Sleep is one of the most overlooked priorities. I learned that getting enough sleep has to move up in my priority list. I have to take care of my WHOLE SELF.
1. Life is about balance. For every minute spent on one thing takes away from something else. Time is precious and limited. I will forever look at my time differently. I have to think carefully about what I spend my time on. Even exercise is something that takes away from spending time on something else—like spending time with my family. Time must not be squandered and must be balanced.
17.5 inches GONE! 6.4 pounds—GONE!
Thank you EVERYONE that has supported me on this journey! I would like to thank Alysa from InspiredRD and Pete Cohen from Weight Loss Guru, the Sistahood, Leah, Mark, Megan and Meagan. Thank you to my fellow Mamavation Moms Lolo and Andrea! You two have made this journey so special! I cannot wait to meet up with you both in person someday soon! XOXO