So this week was not the best weight loss week I have had. I can blame it on multiple things but it all really comes down to not being dedicated enough this week. I’ve been worried about some other things and well, it showed on the scale.
And here is what it said:
All in all – I am down a total of 8.8 lbs. When you look at the big picture, that isn’t bad. It’s slow and steady and that is how I will win this race. I don’t plan or want huge results each week because I know that doesn’t stay off. 1-2 lbs/week is good and it’s healthy. That is what I want.
My final measurements:
|Arm – rt||16||14.5||1.5|
|Arm – lf||15.5||14.5||1.0|
|Thigh – rt||26||24||2.0|
|Thigh – lf||27.5||24||3.5|
AND – pics!
-18.5 inches!! WOW!
This will be my last official Mamavation Mom blog. Can you believe it? Here is what I have learned:
- Not all calories are the same. 100 calories of a fruit or veggie is not the same as 100 calories of candy.
- Exercise is important to lose the inches. Eating right is how you lose weight. Both together is how you become healthy.
- Getting enough water in a day is super important and helps with your weight loss.
- You have to eat breakfast!!
- It’s harder than you think to get 10,000 steps in a day! You have to work for it.
- My scale doesn’t define my weight loss journey.
It’s been a crazy journey! I met and bonded with two amazing women – Laura and Lolo. I’ve learned a bit about myself and I have tools in place for me to continue on this journey of mine.
I have absolute faith in myself and I know that just because my losses will no longer be public, it doesn’t mean they need to stop. While I am thankful for this opportunity, I am super excited to get back to a “normal” life and finding my way through it with all of my new tools.
Thank you all for following my journey and for all of the encouragement along the way. It has meant the world to me! Also thank you to Alysa from Inspired RD and Pete Cohen from Weight Loss Guru. Thank you to the Sistahood, Leah, Shannon and Kelly. And thank you especially to my fellow Moms – Laura and Lolo.
This isn’t the last you’ll see of me. Next up is being a Mentor to the next set of Mamavation Moms. Are you going to be one?? I can’t wait to see who applies!
Until I see you again…..