Do you Pinterest? I know I do and love it… but I also see all of these wonderfully creative Bentos and all of a sudden I long to make lunch more fun. Yes, for the kids but also myself. I mean, who WOULDN’T want to open their lunch up and see flowers and hearts and ANGRY BIRDS?
But… that doesn’t happen. Not in my world anyway. But what if it could? This week our Special guest is none other than our very own Mamavation Sista, Graduate and Bento QUEEN – Rachel Lacy.
Rachel has always been a creative and positive force within the Mamavation community and I’m so looking forward to having her join us this week. An Amazing mom to some adorable babes, you can follow her adventures over at Following in my Shoes aptly described as her “little corner of the world for sharing the joys & trials of parenting, delicious & family-friendly recipes, kid-centered bento lunches, and life in Texas.” And of course you can find her tweeting, Facebooking, pinning, and google plusing it up too, so stalk…errrr… I mean follow her on the social media platform of your choice!
This week, Rachel will be sharing some tricks and tips about how to add in a bit of creativity to your family’s lunch-boxes.
If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over Twitter. (Or later if I get swamped)
Don’t forget to check out our Sista of the Week and show her some love this week!
This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by ReUsies™ – 2 participants will receive their very own ReUsies™
ReUsies™ are a reusable, eco-friendly, fun, economic and family friendly alternative to disposable snack bags and sandwich bags.
Eco-friendly: Each ReUsie has the potential to keep hundreds of your family’s plastic bags out of our landfills. With little effort, you can do your part to help reduce the estimated 20 million single-use plastic sandwich bags that go into U.S. landfills daily.
Want to learn more about these fantastic reusable bags for lunches and snacks? Check out ReUsies on Facebook too!
Be sure to include the following disclaimer at the bottom of your post:
Link up your post here.
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):-2 Viewers with receive their own ReUsies™
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this message “ Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV thx 2 @ReUsies!. We’re talking #bento with @Rachel_L Won’t you join us? http://bit.ly/143g0VU ” (Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
- Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (2 entries for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the#mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Follow @InspiredRD on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow @Rachel_L on twitter (1 entry)
- Follow @ReUsies on twitter (1 entry)
- RSVP for Mamavation TV (1 entry)
- Give @Bookieboo Klout points, +Klout in Fitness, nutrition, health, social media, or parenting. (1 entry each)
- Start a thread on the forums and tag another Sista to join in on the conversation
JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY.
Join thousands of other moms in discovering what is truly healthy.