A new beginning

Hello! My name is Lindsay. I am a 32 year old mother to four pretty cool kids, ages 14, 4, 3, and 14 months, and wife to an super smart amazing husband. We are a multicultural family and are pretty dang proud of it.  When I met my husband I was 135 lbs.  We started trying to get pregnant immediately after we married and was quite successful. I found out I was pregnant in December of 2007 and not soon after was put on bed rest, where I stayed for 30+ weeks. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer in my early 20’s and the surgery that was required to remove it caused me to have an incompetent cervix. As soon as my cervix started to thin and dilate my doctor placed a stitch there to keep my baby in, but this meant bed rest. I seriously only got up to shower and use the bathroom.  It was totally worth it though because this is what I got out of it all:

Fast forward 5 months when I realize my period is late. I take a pregnancy test and sure enough, I’m PREGNANT. I cried! Shhhh don’t that tell my little man. Again I was placed on bed rest and got this reward:

Needless to say that was ALOT of laying around for 2 years. I gained weight. A LOT of weight. I couldn’t even tell you how much weight.  I was just starting to make progress with loosing some of it when I found out I was pregnant with my youngest (whom will always be my youngest! HA) I of course had the same issues and was again placed on bed rest and diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes to boot. I had a really though time keeping him in, even with cerclage (stitch in cervix) and he was born at 35 weeks.  He was in the hospital for a few days longer than me but was healthy.

Donah

I am now done having babies and am ready to take my body back. I want to be around a VERY long time for these precious little blessings. I want to be able to run around and play with them in the back yard and not be out of breathe. I want to set a good example of what health is and gain back the confidence that I once had.  I am so excited to have been given this amazing opportunity! I promise I won’t disappoint!

My before pics:

SONY DSCSONY DSCSONY DSC

Starting Weight:

SONY DSC

Okay so this pic was taken this  evening. I swear this morning it said 205 :/

Starting Measurements:

Waist: 39.5″

Hips: 46″

L Thigh: 25″

R Thigh: 25″

L Arm: 14″

R Arm: 14″

Chest: 42″

A special thank you to Leah, Mark, Shelley, Shannon, and Alysa for giving me this amazing opportunity and to the graduates of campaign 15, my mentors, I love you and look forward to your encouragement!

JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY!

STAY UP TO DATE ON HEALTH ISSUES IMPACTING YOUR FAMILY

Powered by ConvertKit
Mamavation
Leah Segedie is the Founder of Mamavation and Bookieboo, a blogger network. After losing over 100 lbs, she started a career mentoring women in health and since then has assisted in over 3,500 lbs lost via the Mamavation community. Leah and her work has been mentioned in Ladies Home Journal, Reader's Digest, Fitness, Women's Day, CNN, ABC, CBS, the O'Reilly Factor, AOL, Entrepreneur, and Yahoo to name a few. She works from home in her fuzzy slippers.
Mamavation
Mamavation

Latest posts by Mamavation (see all)

2016-11-16T11:03:02+00:00 April 17th, 2013|Featured, Fitness|26 Comments

26 Comments

1. Rebecca @RUtheMOMof April 17, 2013 at 8:31 am - Reply

Woo Hoo can’t wait to see those after pictures. You are going to do awesome and you make very pretty and handsome babies…

• LindsaysFamily April 17, 2013 at 12:27 pm - Reply

Thanks Rebecca!!! I have to agree with you about the babies! 😀

2. Melissa McMurchy April 17, 2013 at 8:46 am - Reply

Good luck Linds … You are going to do great. I can’t wait to see your transformation. 🙂

3. Lydia April 17, 2013 at 11:39 am - Reply

Awesome! You’re going to do so well – it’s YOUR time. 🙂

• LindsaysFamily April 17, 2013 at 12:28 pm - Reply

It IS my time Lydia!!! Time for Mom to take care of herself!!

4. Jeanae April 17, 2013 at 12:05 pm - Reply

Way to go, Lindsay! You’re in for the ride of your life, and I look forward to the big reveal!

5. Mommahunt16 April 17, 2013 at 1:11 pm - Reply

I am so proud to be on this journey with you! You, Amy, and I are going to kick some butt! Dare I suggest we might be able to even keep up with Campaign 15!

• LindsaysFamily April 17, 2013 at 5:30 pm - Reply

SOOO excited to have you as a Mamavation Mom with me girl!! We ARE going to kick butt!!! 😀

6. Pam Gordon April 18, 2013 at 5:55 am - Reply

Yay, Lindsay!!!

• LindsaysFamily April 21, 2013 at 6:58 am - Reply

Thank you Rachel!! It IS crazy awesome!!! I am pretty excited too! Thank you for your support!

7. Junebug April 21, 2013 at 12:15 pm - Reply

Congrats!!!

8. Way2goMom April 21, 2013 at 4:58 pm - Reply

Congratulations Lindsay! You’re doing an amazing job! I do hope you have before pics in less baggy clothes though, so you really get the FULL impact of the weight loss you’re going to be doing! LOVE YOU GIRL!

• LindsaysFamily April 22, 2013 at 4:50 pm - Reply

Unnn nope. I don’t. Can’t bring myself to wear anything that is not baggy. I HATE cameras, so it is pretty huge for me to even have that! LOVE you too!

9. monica young April 21, 2013 at 7:05 pm - Reply

OMG I cannot tell you how happy I am for you. I know you are going to do AWESOME in the campaign. Hugs

10. Candy Olivares April 22, 2013 at 11:09 am - Reply

All the best during the campaign! You are gonna do AWESOME!!

11. kia April 22, 2013 at 4:34 pm - Reply

I am so happy to see you in this campaign. Good luck with the opportunity. Do this for your beautiful self and your beautiful family.

12. Gina Badalaty April 23, 2013 at 4:50 am - Reply

Good luck during the campaign! You have a great goal for this: that amazing family of yours. What a journey you’ve had, glad you came through all the scary stuff safely.

13. Mamavation April 23, 2013 at 9:50 am - Reply

I love these before pics and posts. Just wait dear. Just wait.