Obesity is on the rise.
And so is pediatric cancer. And allergies. And asthma. And ADHD…AND Autism.
Looks like obesity isn’t really our only problem. One thing we know has ALSO increased during this time is our reliance on synthetic chemicals.
Mamavation is proud to announce a partnership with Healthy Child Healthy World for the 17th Mamavation Mom Boot Camp. Not only will the Mamavation moms lose weight, but they will also learn how to de-toxify their own homes. And there are NO weight requirements for this campaign because the main focus will be on minimizing the impact chemicals can have on the health of families. But don’t worry, this is still a boot camp. The Mamavation Moms will be VERY likely to lose a significant amount of weight as well. They will still receive professional nutritional and fitness support. So in essence, they will be sweating out toxins.
Before creating this special campaign, many facts were considered:
- Allergies are up 400%, ADHD is up 400%, Asthma is up 300%, & Autism is up 1,500%
- Scientific evidence points to chemicals and contaminants in our everyday foods and products as causing and contributing to many of these diseases
- 1 out of 88 American children are diagnosed with Autism
- 1 out of every 8th child is allergic to something
- Asthma is now the most common chronic childhood disorder
- Pediatric cancer is now the leading disease killer of chilldren
- You can find something called “obesogens” inside of us from industrial pollutants. Yes, and they make you overweight.
- One in three children born in 2000 will develop Type-2 Diabetes, a disease previously unknown among children that has become epidemic.
- Childhood obesity has more than doubles in the past 10 years
- Food manufacturers are reformulating for other countries without toxic ingredients, but not in the US
Here’s the good news.
You have more control than you think.
And this Mamavation Mom campaign has been created to show you how. Moms all over the United States have been duped into purchasing products that are possibly causing diseases like obesity, allergies, hyperactivity, cancer, etc. And with the help of Healthy Child, this Mamavation campaign will teach moms what to do in order to provide the safest home environment for their family. In seven weeks, we will help them clean up their diet and home environment in such a way that will minimize the impact toxic chemicals have on the health of their family. And with the professional nutritional and fitness support they receive, they are very likely to lose a significant amount of weight.
What the Mamavation Moms Campaign #17 Receive:
- Nutritional overhaul with a Dietitian with a focus on clean, preservative free, artificial free, GMO free food. Recipes, diet plan, and a kitchen overhaul which will be done before the end of the campaign. Our professional Dietitian is able to handle any form of allergy, special needs or breastfeeding diet.
- Virtual fitness plans and support by a licensed personal trainer.
- Education and personal coaching from members of Healthy Child Healthy World
- Products from the following brands to help make the transition:
- Naturepedic–2 mattresses and mattress covers for their children
- BioRay –Liver Life (4oz), NDF (10oz), CytoFlora (4oz), Before the Flow (4oz), & Loving Energy (2oz)
- BioRayKids–NDF shine (2oz), NDF happy (2oz), NDF focus (2oz), & NDF calm (2oz)
- Arnicare–Summer Essentials & First Aid Kit w/ various products valued at over $100
- Bona–Free & Simple Hardwood Floor Cleaner, Hardwood Floor Mop, Cabinet Cleaner, & Stone, Tile & Laminate Cleaner
- Earth Friendly Products–Safeguard kit, Wave Pods New, Carpet Shampoo, Wave Jet, Eco Pods, Oxo Brite, Shower Cleaner, & Furniture Polish
- Nine Naturals–Nourishing Shampoo, Nourishing Conditioner, Soothing Bodywash, & Regenerative Body Butter
- Walgreens Ology–All Purpose Cleaner, Lav & Cham Baby Lotion, Fragrance Free Dish Detergent, Hand Soap Lemon Scent, Wht Pear & Cucumber Conditioner, Wht Pear & Cucumber Shampoo, Cube Facial Tissue, & 23W/100W t2 CFL Light Bulb.
- Soybu–(specific products to be determined)
- New Balance–pair of tennis shoes
- Goddess Gardens–Natural Sunscreen Spray for Kids & Adults
- Sante Cosmetics–Set of Makeup
- Kelly Tee Garden Organics–Radiant anti-aging facial cream, Secret facial cleanser, lip gloss w/light & mirror
- Klean Kanteen–one set of products
What is expected from Mamavation Moms: Daily food journals, appearance on Mamavation TV every Monday night of the campaign, Wednesday night mentoring Google chat, One post and video per week on Mamavation, weekly Facebook updates, a certain amount of tweets per week, active membership in the Mamavation community, accountability to mentors and leadership, weekly scale picture to leadership, contract and liability release, AND YOUR BEST EFFORT.
Applications: Open from June 3rd to 29th
Final 5 Announced: July 1st
3 Winners Announced & Twitter Party Launch: July 8th from 8-9:30pm EST (5-6:30pm PST)
Timeline of campaign: July 8th to August 26th
- Week of July 15th Food & Nutrition Focus
- Week of July 22nd Food & Nutrition Focus
- Week of July 29th Household Cleaning Focus
- Week of August 5th Personal Care Focus
- Week of August 12th Indoor Air Quality Focus
- Week of August19th Healthy Children Focus
- Week of August 26th Overview and Conclusion
Even if you are not applying to be a Mamavation Mom, every Monday we will bring on a special guest to help teach the community about that topic. This is something you don’t want to miss.
Disclaimer: The Mamavation campaign is subsidized by the generosity of our sponsors and partners. When Mamavation Moms become Ambassadors of the campaign, they are also put under a contract with our other partners for publicity purposes. Mamavation Moms are equipped with free product, given free professional assistance, and emotional support in exchange.
How to Apply to be the next Mamavation Mom:
Step One: Create a post on your own blog with a video about why you want to apply. We want to hear from you in your own words. Please make sure your video is no longer than 5 minutes.
Step Two: Fill out this form. Make sure to have your post link with you.
Step Three: Participate in the community and hazing. Mamavation is also a community. Check out the #mamavation hashtag on twitter and make some friends. We are also looking for people we think will stick around afterwards, so show us what you are like. Hang with us!
Step Four: Get your friends to support your application. Telling the people you respect about your goals makes them more attainable. This also helps us promote the campaign. Thank you!
#Mamavation & @Healthy_child are teaching moms to detoxify their home & I’m in support of @yourtwitternamehere, http://bit.ly/16CMjgq
JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY.
Join thousands of other moms in discovering what is truly healthy.