Armpit Cleanse: How to Reduce your Breast Cancer Risk

Breast cancer has long been a problem for American women, but recently it’s gotten even worse. The American Cancer Society report, “Breast Cancer Facts & Figures 2013-2014 (PDF),” states that in 2013, over 39,000 women in the U.S. “were expected to die from breast cancer. Only lung cancer accounts for more cancer deaths in women.” Could an armpit cleanse reduce your chances of breast cancer?

The American Cancer Society (ACS) blames the rates of cancer on tobacco use or obesity, but do environmental toxins play a much larger role? The 2010 report issued by the President’s Cancer Panel, “Reducing Environmental Cancer Risk: What We Can Do Now,” (PDF) claims that environmental factors have been ignored by research and the ACS. The report states, “It is more effective to prevent disease than to treat it, but cancer prevention efforts have focused narrowly on smoking, other lifestyle behaviors, and chemo-preventive interventions.”

The report goes on to list and give examples of almost every environmental factor imaginable. However, it may not go far enough. A current point of controversy is underarm deodorants and their link to breast cancer. While there are studies on this, not enough of a consensus has emerged for the ACS to confirm a link.

Antiperspirants, Deodorants, and the Dangerous Chemicals Inside

What sort of toxic chemicals do lurk in antiperspirants and deodorants? Plenty. The Breast Cancer Fund (BCF) reports that the following common ingredients in these products may cause cancer:

• Triclosan can affect hormones and could be linked to breast cancer:
  • Phthalates are endocrine disruptors, which interfere with the body’s hormone function and also are linked to breast cancer, although the studies have only fueled controversy, and
  • Parabens have been found in breast cancer biopsies and are known to be absorbed into the skin. They also disrupt hormones and mimic natural estrogens, a cause of breast cancer.

Read BCF’s articles, “Chemicals in Cosmetics” and “Endocrine Disrupting Compounds,” to learn more.

But these are not the only controversial compounds found in deodorants and antiperspirants. They can also include:

Most of these chemicals have not been adequately studied for either toxicity or their possible links to breast cancer, but adding up the possible toxins is overwhelming. It may be time for an armpit cleanse!

What Can I Do About Toxic Underarm Deodorants and Antiperspirants?

First of all, it’s important to know that these are two different types of products. Deodorants remove the odor of sweat, but antiperspirants reduce sweating in the first place. Sweat is a healthy physical response to exertion that prevents you from overheating. It also may release toxins and may even fight off colds and infections. Eliminating sweat will cause you more harm than good and may even contribute to causing breast cancer. So whatever you decide to do, I recommend replacing that antiperspirant right away.

Research your current brands’ ingredients at EWG’s Skin Deep database to find out if they are safe. If they are not, or if they contain any of the chemicals listed above, it’s time for an armpit cleanse.

Armpit Cleanse: One Way to Reduce Your Risk of Breast Cancer

What is an armpit cleanse? It’s more than just changing your deodorant. It’s also a way to detox your body and may help reduce your risk of breast cancer. Blogger Laurie Neverman of Common Sense Home reviewed a product called Herbalix, which sells a system that contains a nighttime detox deodorant and a daytime deodorant as well. They claim to have reduced a patient’s cysts. In “Lumpy Breasts? Cure Breasts Cysts,” Neverman  shares thermal imaging provided by Herbalix showing a reduction in cysts after detoxing with their product. Of course, this only helps breast cancers caused by cysts, which are a small percentage, but it’s a powerful testimony to the power of an armpit detox.

If you are going to try one, keep in mind that like other detoxes, you may have reactions. While holistic nutritionist and certified nutritional practitioner Marisa Falconi discovered that her sweat glands excreted unpleasant toxins during the 3 weeks she went deodorant-free, she recommends it. Otherwise, she says, “the bacteria and sludge that is jammed up into your pores will stay there”, and that might prevent your natural deodorant from working.

How to Do an Armpit Cleanse

There are a few simple steps you need to take to detox and safely switch to a natural deodorant. The following four steps make up Leah Segedie’s recommended cleanse:

1. After you stop using your current deodorant, use a loofah when showering to remove dead skin and toxins from under your armpit;

2. Apply aluminum free baking soda to armpits when wet, then apply your natural deodorant. If you are sensitive to baking soda, as some people are, you can mix bentonite clay with apple cider vinegar and water to create a yogurt type of consistency. This is what I recommend for people who have sensitive skin;

3. When you smell an odor coming from your armpits, wash them and then apply aluminum free baking soda. After that, apply the natural deodorant again. Or if you are sensitive to baking soda,  use the bentonite clay mixture, and

4. Repeat this process for up to two weeks or until you natural deodorant works for up to 6 hours.

Note that the first day you start, you may be repeating these steps 5 to 10 times, but each day, that number will go down. Leah’s own cleanse ended after the 4th day, and the average person takes 4-7 days to complete this cleanse.

You can replace deodorants and antiperspirants with DIY OR clean brands. If you need a DIY recipe that works even for your workout, this effective DIY Deodorant Recipe from Scratch Mommy will keep you odor free.

Additional Recommendations

If you are searching for a place to purchase a good deodorant, we recommend going to Thrive Market where you can purchase non-GMO food and natural products, including deodorant, for 25-50% off retail prices. Clicking here will give you two months free, free delivery and 15% off your first purchase.

Is an armpit cleanse for you? I think it’s worth a try as part of a cleaner, non-toxic lifestyle.

JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY!

STAY UP TO DATE ON HEALTH ISSUES IMPACTING YOUR FAMILY

Powered by ConvertKit
Gina Badalaty
Gina Badalaty can teach you how to live toxin-free on her blog. Sign up now for tips on how to help detox a child with autism! At EmbracingImperfect.com, she shares easy tips & hacks for families raising children with autism, disabilities and allergies. For over 5 years, she has helped her over children conquer negative behavior, sensory problems and various disabilities though food intervention and nontoxic living.
2016-11-16T11:01:17-05:00 June 17th, 2014|Beauty, Featured|69 Comments

69 Comments

1. Christine June 18, 2014 at 12:41 pm - Reply

This absolutely blew my mind. Breast cancer unfortunately runs in my family so I’ll definitely be passing this on to everyone. Thanks for posting this information!

2. Lorene June 18, 2014 at 1:06 pm - Reply

I have a question. I react very seriously to baking soda. I get a very sever case of eczema, even though I haven’t used commercial deodorant for at least three years now. The baking soda that I have used does not contain aluminum and I still get a severe reaction. Do you know of any other product I could use that won’t cause a severe skin reaction?

• Meigen June 18, 2014 at 1:16 pm - Reply

This could a sign of an internal yeast infection.

• Anne June 18, 2014 at 1:24 pm - Reply

Hi Lorene, I dunno if this will help you but recently I tried something other than the baking soda – coconut oil. Pure coconut ail applied to a clean underarm and voila! I am telling you, it works! You can put some in a small container just like that and save it for underarm use. You just rub it into the area with your fingers. If you want to add something to it, you can add a little baking soda, but if not that, you can add a few drops of tea tree oil, or peppermint oil. Try it! You’ll love it!

• Carol June 18, 2014 at 2:06 pm - Reply

Absolutely tue!! I switched to using just coconut oil on my underams about a year ago and it works extremely well for me. No sweaty deodorant smelling clothing. Your tops smell good when you take them off. I was amazed but it is true and it works well.

• Rose June 18, 2014 at 1:29 pm - Reply

You can use dusting power made from arrowroot or corn starch. It works for a few hours if you wear cotton clothing.

• Lailane Baron June 18, 2014 at 3:17 pm - Reply

You can try the virgin coconut oil. Apply it just after taking the shower while your skin is still wet before drying it with towel. It is easy for the skin to absorb the oil while the pores are still open. Like you, my skin is sensitive with baking soda. It gets rashes after wearing baking soda for the whole day. Maybe due to sweat and heat. Now, I only use virgin coconut oil from head to foot. Not even using moisturising cream for my face or lotion for my body. Virgin coconut oil is the best alternative!

• Leah Segedie June 18, 2014 at 4:42 pm - Reply

The baking soda is intended to bring your skin back to a normal ph after you put water on it. You CAN skip this step OR use coconut oil. Let me do some research and get you the link of another detox for armpits. I’ve seen more.

• Laura June 18, 2014 at 7:15 pm - Reply

Yes, I have been using Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar for a couple of years. It works great and is all natural. I use a cotton ball to swab it on. Try it!

• Stephanie June 18, 2014 at 8:51 pm - Reply

I actually went through the armpit detox although I didn’t know that’s what it was called! I kept having a weird reaction to my “dove for sensitive skin” deodorant so I stopped using deodorant all together. I washed my armpits a few times a day for about 2 weeks because my pit odor was not good. But after that I no longer had a bad scent at all. My current routine is washing my pits with unsecured soap in the morning and again in the afternoon. I have recently decided to try the toms deodorant. I only use that maybe 2xs a week when I remember but since I detoxed my pits, I have no pit odor anymore. And I sweat a lot more which is good for me.

• Carly June 20, 2014 at 4:14 pm - Reply

Hi Lorene,

I also suffered from severe eczema. A lot of people don’t understand why random things like baking soda can irritate our skin – it’s not just the ph level, but the “exfoliating” quality in baking soda. Anything that rips and tears at our skin will cause a flare. Use coconut oil BEFORE SHOWERING, and use it to remove any makeup as well. You can also use it on the open sores on your skin. Also, internally, take a combination burdock root and stinging nettle to help clear the eczema – it works on healing you from the inside out, cleansing and healing the liver in order to heal the skin, because both eczema and psoriasis begin in the liver. A combination of coconut oil and coco butter helps hydrate your skin and leaves it feeling much healthier. I hope this helps. <3

• Lorene June 22, 2014 at 11:27 pm - Reply

Thanks everyone. I will try these ideas to see what works best. Sure appreciate the help!

3. Linda LePelley June 18, 2014 at 1:10 pm - Reply

I tried to suscribe, was declined due to, “too many attempts to subscribe”! This is the first time I’ve seen this site and tried to subscribe. Oh, well…

• Leah Segedie June 18, 2014 at 4:43 pm - Reply

You’ve had trouble subscribing? I’m sorry. Would you like me to add you manually?

4. Amy June 18, 2014 at 1:13 pm - Reply

Interesting article! And very timely for me as well since just 2 weeks ago I threw out my highly toxic deodorant/antiperspirant and went to an all natural deodorant.
    While reading how to detox your armpits I wonder if that is what happened naturally for me. When I first switched I noticed to my dismay that the natural deodorants were not working very well for me. I was sweaty and smelly within an hour or so and would wash my armpits and reapply. I did this often, several times daily for the first week. And then yesterday and this morning, I notice that although I’ve been doing some hard work that I’m not sweaty or smelly.
    Could that be a natural detox that took place?
    Thanks for information!

• Penny Brueggemann June 18, 2014 at 1:38 pm - Reply

I use tea tree oil to wash my armpits and face (just a couple drops in wet hands on wet skin does the trick) to kill bacteria, which is the source of armpit odor and breakouts. Just rinse off with water then apply the deodorant of your choice. I use a crystal stick. I am outdoors a lot; my husband never complains anymore….

• Gina Badalaty June 18, 2014 at 2:14 pm - Reply

Amy, it sounds very close to the detox except for the baking soda, so, yes I do think you have may have detoxed! I’m glad to hear the natural deodorant is working now.

• Leah Segedie June 18, 2014 at 4:44 pm - Reply

Yes, I think that is essentially what you did. I did a detox from Secret to a natural deodorant in about 3-4 days. It was just wash, baking soda, deodorant…then repeat after smelly. You just omited the 2nd step.

5. Penny Brueggemann June 18, 2014 at 1:36 pm - Reply

Several people I know erupted in pretty bad underarm rashes after using baking soda. Is there a trick to this protocol?

• Gina Badalaty June 18, 2014 at 2:28 pm - Reply

Read my reply above – they may be reacting to the pH. You can share that arrowroot recipe.

6. Luci June 18, 2014 at 1:43 pm - Reply

I swipe/rub Tea Tree Oil soaked wipes under my arms, which cleanse the area and eliminates bacteria that contribute to odor! 🙂

7. Alise June 18, 2014 at 1:57 pm - Reply

So this is great info!

I was using Primal Pit Paste all winter, then once the weather got warm I stopped and switched back to my antiperspirant. I really didn’t want to but felt like I had no other choice since I had really bad body odor. Any advice or tips? Different deodorant to try etc?

• Gina Badalaty June 18, 2014 at 2:36 pm - Reply

I’m not the expert since lemon juice seems to work for me! Have you considered DIY? Miessence is highly rated by the Skin Deep Database, and I’ve also heard Soapwalla has good ingredients too. Burt’s Bees is not as powerful but very clean and more readily available although it contains alcohol.

8. Simonne June 18, 2014 at 2:45 pm - Reply

Hello! What is your opinion on Salt of the Earth deodorant that contains Potassium Alum? I have been told that it is a natural mineral that doesn’t penetrate the tissues as opposed to Aluminium Chlorohydrate?

9. Amy June 18, 2014 at 2:53 pm - Reply

Tom’s Natural Deodorant – I have used for over 30 years. A few years ago I stopped using any deodorant. Nothing. I am fine. Most of Tom’s Deodorants first ingredient is propylene glycol though it is on your list of unsafe ingredients, why is that?

I use coconut oil/ first pressed organic for almost everything – face, skin, hair, dental… I even use it instead of WD40 for lubrication on bicycle, etc.. Olive oil, lemon, coconut oil. I never buy products and it makes Zero Waste /recycling very easy! Trust Nature!

• Gina Badalaty June 18, 2014 at 3:28 pm - Reply

Propylene glycol is a skin irritant. Now there is some controversy, as it is found in things like antifreeze at 100% pure, and that IS toxic – even the CDC has determined that it can cause liver damage at this strength. Now the amount in deodorant is a level that the FDA has determine is “safe.” I’ve seen the numbers and yes, it is a small percentage and therefore, probably not harmful other than a skin irritant which will be a problem for some. But that is true of so many things. If you add up all the exposure you have to propylene glycol, it can add up – and in matters like this, I tend to be a purist as much as possible because there so many toxins in my current environment that I’m powerless to solve. If you are using a lot of products that contain it, that might be an issue for concern. I’ve found that everyone has to find their own comfort level with low exposure. Because I have children who are super sensitive to the slightest chemical infraction, I err on the side of caution as much as I can.

10. Celia Stathopoulos June 18, 2014 at 3:11 pm - Reply

COCONUT SNOW IS A GREAT DEODERANT AND IS JUST COCONUT OIL AND BAKING SODA !!!

11. Zarah June 18, 2014 at 4:29 pm - Reply

My family swears by Ava Anderson non toxic deoderant, it works and smells amazingly well. I stopped using Toms of Maine after Colgate bought them out and their integrity went down hill 🙁

12. ZZ June 18, 2014 at 4:37 pm - Reply

I’m going to come right out and say it ” I used to stink”. Decades of deodorant, vitamins, keeping my arms down and close.
    Now I barely wear anything but baking soda or light corn starch and I don’t smell at all, I can go for two or three days without a shower, no one would ever know….unless…. I eat beef (even organic), dairy products or non organic or foods processed with oils like canola. It’s very strange but I guess my body just can’t process those things. Ultimate test I spent a week with family–eating in restaurants, eating their cooking… went there stink free…came home smelling just awful. I was so embarrassed.
    Beef, Dairy…who knew? At least I do now.
    Hope that helps someone.

• Joei June 18, 2014 at 10:34 pm - Reply

ZZ, this is really interesting to me: beef, dairy, oils= smelly. What about garlic and onions… do they increase your smelly factor? Also, I’m interested to know what blood type you are, if you will… I’ type B and I think I have the same food smelly reactions as you have described.

• ZZ June 19, 2014 at 1:19 am - Reply

Joei– Type B here too.
        Onions, garlic hmmm hadn’t noticed an uptick in smell, but I’ll check it out.
        My husband and I eat the same foods and he doesn’t have the same “stinky” issue. He’s not Type B.

13. Shelley June 18, 2014 at 4:38 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for your reply, Gina!

14. Tim Cocker June 18, 2014 at 5:20 pm - Reply

What about using rubbing alcohol? That seems to kill the bacteria and smell and feels clean all day. Is this harmful?

• Rennah June 18, 2014 at 6:37 pm - Reply

I use alcohol and water mix in a little spray bottle and it works beautifully.

15. Shanon June 18, 2014 at 6:03 pm - Reply

So true. I used Clinical Strength for over 7 years and it was the only product to keep me odor free in my late forties as my hormones shifted. I bought Primal Pit Paste and it took me over two weeks to adapt. But my body did. Then I discovered a great roll on from Holistic Science out of San Diego. I switch between the two with good results. It’s a rare day I need to reapply and I live in 105 plus weather every day right now. Try the switch but give your body chemistry time to quiet down and adapt. I had tried Tom’s but it didn’t work for me. Try a different brand if the first one doesn’t work within three weeks. Don’t give up.

16. Rennah June 18, 2014 at 6:32 pm - Reply

Why not just use alcohol? I mix one half water with one half alcohol in one of those little spray bottles for your hands whenever I think I need it. Isn’t underarm odor caused by bacteria, anyway? This works like a charm and depending on how hard you work you might need to do it several times a day. Once or twice on a hot day works for me. It’s natural and a heck of a lot easier than the baking soda, natural deodorant route, not to mention there is zero odor and zero staining that comes with all deodorants, natural or not.

• Lopa June 18, 2014 at 7:47 pm - Reply

Plain virgin coconut oil is so simple and works perfectly if used only once a day and moisturizes the skin. I vote for that!

17. Lynnie June 18, 2014 at 7:10 pm - Reply

Can you use the crystal deodorant?

18. Dana June 18, 2014 at 9:26 pm - Reply

You listed Tom’s as a clean brand that is not the case. Their deodorant contains propylene glycol. I highly recommend Ava Anderson non-toxic deodorant!

19. Anne June 18, 2014 at 9:46 pm - Reply

Readers,
    For the record, baking soda does NOT contain aluminum. It is sodium bicarbonate. Period. On the other hand, baking powder DOES contain aluminum; but the two are quite different powders. This is not the first site I’ve seen this mistake.

I make my own deodorant and love it. Went through a super stinky cleanse period myself. Thank goodness that part is over. If you get discouraged through the cleanse just keep going, it will pay off. I noticed the first time I had my period after I started the cleanse the stench from my pits was overwhelming and had to return to my old deodorant so I could stand being around myself. Switched back as soon as that was over and haven’t looked back since. Guess I had a lot to get rid of.

• Jennifer Yanez June 19, 2014 at 2:48 am - Reply

Thank you re: the aluminum. I had heard the same, and actually had sent a reply asking for proof. :]

20. shelly June 18, 2014 at 9:49 pm - Reply

I make my own. 5 tbsp coconut oil, 1/4 cup arrowroot powder, 1/4 cup bakibg soda, and some essential oils. Works great. I sweat but I dont stink!

21. Kyle June 18, 2014 at 11:00 pm - Reply

You recommend Toms if Maine, but they use propylene glycol!

• Gina Badalaty June 19, 2014 at 3:39 pm - Reply

Hi Kyle, I apologize for that, I’ve removed that recommendation.

22. bobby bautista June 19, 2014 at 12:40 am - Reply

Please have someone read and edit this article. There are so many gramatical errors; it hurts my eyes to read them.

23. Micha Eizen June 19, 2014 at 1:06 am - Reply

I found a company that makes all natural Magnesium based deodorants from dead Sea minerals and food grade ingredients, they claim that the deodorants are so healthy that they are demonstrating how they eat the deodorants right out of the bottle in the farmers markets, and these deodorants last for days!, I have tried so many types of natural deodorants, but none of lasted for a whole day, my family is using it for more then a year now with amazing results. None of the harmful ingredients which are mentioned in this great article are not in these deodorants. I found them in a few of the farmers markets in southern CA, the name of their company is only goodness inside, they have a website.

24. Jennifer Yanez June 19, 2014 at 2:45 am - Reply

Two things came to mind while reading this article. First, I was wondering where you get the information about aluminum free baking soda. I know that there is an aluminum free baking powder, but even the pricier baking sodas do not claim to be aluminum free… at least the ones I’ve seen. Just wondering, because I don’t want to have to spend a bunch if there was never an aluminum in the regular ones in the first place. I know Bobs Red Mill sells a “natural” baking soda, but I heard it was just milled more than Arm and Hammer, and that there was nothing else that would require a higher price.
    Second, I didn’t happen to notice fluoride, which displaces iodine. This is a huge factor for breast cancer. Fluoride is in store-bought deodorants, it just isn’t called fluoride. Fluoride, chlorine, and bromine/bromide displace iodine.
    Other than that, excellent article!!! Please let me know if I am incorrect about the baking soda. Thanks!!!

Jennifer

25. Ethel Jack June 19, 2014 at 6:30 am - Reply

I went deodorant free a year ago, and all I use is organic coconut oil. No problem with any residue on clothing, and if I’ve been extremely busy and working hard during the day, I may have to freshen up and reapply, but, normally speaking, it’s the same as using a deodorant. Also use it for regular skin care, cooking, etc. God knew what He was doing when He put coconut palm trees on the planet for sure! And, like you, the reason I made the switch was that I was concerned about the ingredients to be found in underarm products.

26. GC June 19, 2014 at 8:27 am - Reply

Great article! I healed my issue with underarm cysts and breast cysts/tenderness by doing the following:
    – stopped using deodorant and began adding liquid chlorophyll to my water daily as an internal deodorant
    – held a yoga pose, called Setu Bandha Sarvangasana, daily for a few minutes (lie back over a bolster with head and top of shoulders on floor, chest lifted, and arms resting overhead). It helps circulate blood and lymphatic fluid through the breast and armpit area. A simplified version can be done without a bolster, just lie back with arms stretched out overhead for a few minutes daily.
    – reduced time wearing underwire bras
    The fat cells in the breast tissue store some of the carcinogenic chemicals in hygiene products. A breast health professional advised me to bend forward and gently shake and squeeze my breasts every night before bed to stimulate lymphatic drainage in the tissue. I do that as well, but I really love the effect of Setu Bandha Sarvangasana as it really opens up and stretches that area, and also improves posture and spinal flexibility in the mid and upper back.

27. celine 2014 June 19, 2014 at 11:15 am - Reply

celine 2014
    Hey there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re working with?
    I’m going to start my own blog soon but I’m having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and
    I’m looking for something unique. P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

28. debbyrose June 19, 2014 at 11:51 am - Reply

The past year or more I had been having a HORRIBLE problem with BO in my armpits. I kept using stronger and stronger antiperspirant/deodorant, but it just kept getting worse. I switched to a clinical strength product and I ended up with layers of deodorant and hair because no soap was able to cut through the stuff. It got so bad that I couldn’t barely shave. I finally had to stop using any antiperspirant and switch to just deodorant. It took a couple of weeks for the antiperspirant to get washed away. It has been almost 2 months that I have been using just the natural deodorant and I no longer have an odor problem. I am able to shave much more easily now and get all of the hair every time. I’ve also noticed that I am not sweating as much, either, which really makes no sense, considering that I was using an ANTIPERSPIRANT. So glad that I switched.

29. Laurie June 19, 2014 at 11:53 am - Reply

Nice article, Gina. I think you give a well-rounded discussion about armpit health. 🙂 Too often we’re more concerned about smelling nice and not as concerned as we should be about what different body odors mean and allowing our bodies to clear out things that should not be in them. I’m still using the Herbalix products, and, at the risk of TMI, remain “breast bump free” even though my mom had to have surgery to remove swollen and infected lymph nodes from her armpit area when she wasn’t much older than I am now. My grandmother (dad’s mom) ended up with breast cancer late in life, so it’s something I keep in mind as part of my regular health routine.

30. Jane June 19, 2014 at 12:18 pm - Reply

When we were young, Mom read in Prevention an article about BO and zink. They promoted ‘Think zink, don’t stink.’ Worked for us.

31. Cherry West June 19, 2014 at 9:52 pm - Reply

Thanks for the info. I use coconut oil for a variety of different reasons. I never considered using it for the under-arm area. but will try it. Silly me, if I can drink it which I do daily, why not try the under-arm detox. Thanks again.

32. christine davidson June 20, 2014 at 7:59 am - Reply

I stopped using deodorant years ago when I read a similar article regarding its toxic chemical contents! People looked at me like I was crazy when I told them. I noticed that I rarely even need it anymore. I do use an all natural product for special events (just in case).

33. Jass June 20, 2014 at 9:54 pm - Reply

Dose it real work I meant will it ellp?

34. Leanna June 27, 2014 at 5:30 pm - Reply

Im a cancer survivor and so I always am very careful about what I put on or in my body. I realized that even the so called natural deodorants that say they don’t have toxins do have toxins. They just assume people don’t know how to read or understand the ingredients. I found an amazing deodorant that is truly non toxic Called My Goodness Deodorant. I would recommend it to anyone. Especially if you are wanting to help prevent cancer because the magnesium based dead sea minerals feed your body additional nutrients. I never get muscle cramps or knots like I was getting after my treatments. This is the first All natural deodorant that actually works for me. I give it as gifts even to patients in the hospital when I do donations because I know it helps them as much as protects from odor. If you get a chance go to the website they have and check it out. They do free samples as long as you pay the low costs shipping. ONLYGOODNESSINSIDE.COM

35. Denise C. July 2, 2014 at 11:57 am - Reply

I started using Primal Pit Paste a few weeks ago, I love it because it’s natural and it works!! I am now however experiencing “lumpy” armpits that are very tender. I don’t want to go back to OTC stuff and I love PPP because I don’t smell, like other all natural things I have tried, but this is not good either. Any ideas about what to do now? Is this normal, do I wait out the tenderness and lumps or do I stop asap and start over again with something else?

36. Donna July 8, 2014 at 5:52 pm - Reply

Years ago, I stopped using soap on my underarms and hair. I also quit using deodorant/antiperspirants. After a few weeks, I no longer had any smell on my underarms and my hair was squeaky clean. Recently I started again to not use soap and deodorant (I have only used deodorant with no parabens for several years.) I feel so much cleaner and healthier, too.

• Donna July 8, 2014 at 5:54 pm - Reply

In addition, I always read labels. When it comes to shampoos, lotions, and such, I always purchase paraben free.

37. Denise lee July 8, 2014 at 10:52 pm - Reply

I stopped all those products a while back and I detox all my body inside and out including my baths. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt is amazing. I use a little bit in a tad of water and rub on pits and gently pat and swipe any granules that didn’t melt in my palms. also I have used coconut oil and lavender oil.. a good organic brand.. best thing is to detox your full system and you will stop smelling!! Green juice rocks it!1

38. Susan Wedelstadt July 8, 2014 at 11:04 pm - Reply

I wish I knew this before I developed Breast Cancer. I never liked the feeling of still having deoderant on my skin even after washing thoroughly under my arms. I will still try this even though it won’t save my breasts. I can’t believe the toxins are doing any good anywhere else in my body either!!!!!