We live in a world where technology is quickly advancing. With fast growth, we sometimes forget that there may be dangers or consequences associated with this. Nanotechnology, for example, takes things and makes them very small. This has led to more invisible sunscreens, creamy donut fillings, and other applications that sound great for modern life. However, for the past 10 years of this growing technology there has been some concern over their safety. Manipulating particles into smaller nanoparticles can lead to a toxic final product, one that may not be safe for human consumption.
Yet, it’s still not regulated by the FDA or required to be labeled. And it still has made it’s way into baby formula. Toxic and potentially dangerous nanomaterials are being fed to our most vulnerable children without any safety screening or regulation. Friends of the Earth recently discovered this and wants to take action.
Join us for a Facebook Party sponsored by Friends of the Earth on the Mamavation Facebook Fan Page on Thursday, May 19th at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT. We will be discussing a new report that found six popular baby formulas contained nanoparticles– potentially dangerous microscopic particles that can pass into the lymph and blood. The safety of nanomaterials has been in question for over a decade, yet there is no regulation or requirement to disclose if a product contains nanoparticles. Considering how vulnerable our babies are, shouldn’t we know if their primary source of nutrients contains nanomaterials?
Details About the Friends of the Earth Facebook Party
Who: Mamavation Community & Friends of the Earth
What: Facebook Party
When: Thursday, May 19
Where: Mamavation Facebook Fan Page
Time: 6pm PDT/9pm EDT
RSVP: Click on the Facebook Event Page to RSVP
Giveaways for Friend of the Earth Facebook Party on 05/19
- $25 Whole Foods Gift Card, Dr. Bronners All-One Peppermint toothpaste, Goddess Gardens Organic facial sunscreen & everyday spray (1 winner)
- $50 Whole Foods Gift Cards, Dr. Bronners All-One Peppermint toothpaste, Goddess Gardens Organic facial sunscreen & everyday spray (5 winners)
- Grand Prize: $125 Whole Foods Gift Card, Dr. Bronners All-One Peppermint toothpaste, Goddess Gardens Organic facial sunscreen & everyday spray (1 winner)
How to Enter to Win Prizes
- Fill Out this Form so we have your address
- RSVP by clicking you will attend here on our Mamavation Facebook Event Page
- Share about this party on the social media platform of your choice like Facebook. Sample Facebook status update: “ Join (tag Mamavation) on Thursday, May 19th at 6pm PDT/9pm EDT for a Facebook Party to get the conversation going about nanoparticles in infant formula and sign the petition to get them out– sponsored by (tag Friends of the Earth). Friends of the Earth will be giving away over $500 worth of prizes. Join us, https://www.mamavation.com/2016/05/mamavation-facebook-party-with-friends-of-the-earth.html
- During the event, we will choose winners based on who engages. So make sure to come and join in on this important conversation.
Find Friends of the Earth In Social Media
Facebook: Friends of the Earth Facebook Page
Twitter: Friends of the Earth Twitter Page
Instagram: Friends of the Earth Instagram
Will you be joining us? Make sure to share this with any friends you have that are concerned about the health and safety of infants and children.
JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY.
Join thousands of other moms in discovering what is truly healthy.