At Mamavation, we HEART Healthy Child Healthy World…
Healthy Child Healthy World is a California non-profit organization that works to create programs and initiatives that: (1) support safer chemicals and products, (2) demand corporate accountability, (3) engage communities for collective action and (4) influence legislative and regulator reform. By working with manufacturers and supporting policy initiatives, Healthy Child has helped to transform the marketplace to encourage safer environments for children. For the past 20 years, Healthy Child has provided access to critical information that encourages smarter lifestyle choices to reduce toxic chemical exposure in homes and communities to become a trusted resource for parents. Healthy Child’s vision is a world where every child has the opportunity to grow-up in a healthy and safe environment.
And Healthy Child works with bloggers as well. Every year they recognize one individual that has become influential in promoting change to keep children safer. This year they are recognizing a blogger.
The search is on for the 2014 Healthy Child Blogger of the Year…
2014 Healthy Child Blogger of the Year
The Blogger of the Year Contest is a brand-new initiative to honor bloggers who are helping to create awareness around the topics of health, wellness and environmentalism, and share Healthy Child’s message and mission online. ONE winner will be chosen from among our many dedicated bloggers for the honor of representing Healthy Child Healthy World as our 2014 Blogger of the Year.
In line with Healthy Child’s mission to empower parents to take action and protect children from toxic chemicals the contest theme is “Bloggers Working Together to Create a Baby-Safe World.”
How to Apply to be the 2014 Healthy Child Blogger of the Year
Healthy Child is looking for one blogger who has worked hard to educate citizens on issues revolving around public health, wellness & environmentalism. For more information on how to apply to be selected visit this post on Healthy Child’s Site.
If chosen as the 2014 Blogger of the Year Contest Winner, the entrant will be conferred the following benefits and public recognition:
- The winner will be formally recognized and presented with an award at the Healthy child event at ShiftCon in October 2014
- The winner will be featured on the HCHW website with a short bio included under a new Blogger of the Year Winner’s web page
- The winner will be profiled via a Question & Answer style blog interview on the Healthy Child Blog
- Healthy Child will promote the Blogger of the Year winner via 10 total dedicated social media posts during the Blogger of the Year’s 2014 – 2015 tenure.
- The winner will be honored in an email sent to 100,000 Healthy Child network recipients announcing the winner
- The winner will be promoted in a 2015 dedicated email sent out to 100,000+ Healthy Child network recipients recognizing the blogger’s own campaign or featured work, as chosen by Healthy Child Editorial Director in collaboration with the winner
Healthy Child #HCHWBlogger Twitter Party
Join us for a twitter party on August 20th from 6-7:30pm PST to celebrate Healthy Child Healthy World and their Blogger of the Year contest. We are planning on having a conversation about all the ways bloggers can work together to create a baby-safe world and giving away prizes from Babyganics.
Who: Healthy Child Healthy World & Babyganics
What: Twitter Party
When: Wednesday, August 20th
Time: 6pm PST/9pm EST
@Bookieboo–Hostess with the Mostess
Giveaways (Every 10 minutes…)
- Babyganics gift basket #1 including: all purpose surface wipes, foaming dish & bottle soap in citrus, 3x laundry detergent in lavender, stain remover & floor cleaner concentrate (4 winners)
- Babyganics gift basket #2 including: 2x fragrance free moisturizing daily lotion, 2x chamomile verbena moisturizing daily lotion & 2x orange blossom night time baby lotion (2 winners)
- Babyganics gift basket #3 including: fragrance free therapy cream wash, orange blossom night time baby lotion, eczema care skin protectant cream, fragrance free moisturizing daily lotion & soothing protective ointment (1 winner)
- Babyganics gift basket #4 including: citrus foaming dish & bottle soap, fragrance free floor cleaner concentrate, fragrance free stain remover, lavender dryer sheets, 3x lavender detergent, fragrance free all purpose surface wipes, fragrance free toy, table & high chair wipes, citrus multi-surface cleaner, fragrance free toy & highchair cleaner & fragrance free tub & tile cleaner (2 winners)
How to Enter
1. Share about this opportunity on two social media platforms of your choice
“Join the #HCHWBlogger of Year Twitter Party 8/20! Giving away prizes & chatting abt healthy environments, http://bit.ly/1uq7Aor
Sample Facebook Update: ” Join the (tag Healthy Child) Blogger of the Year Twitter Party on 8/20 at 6pm PST/9pm EST. We are giving away prizes and having a conversation about healthy environments & children, http://bit.ly/1uq7Aor #HCHWBlogger ”
2. Tell us who you are so we can track you down if you win and we will let you know about future parties
3. During the party, each tweet using the #HCHWBlogger hashtag enters you to win. But you MUST be at the party to win prizes.
Hit the linky below to RSVP!