Mamavation has been very active in supporting a healthy online community. Women have lost over 3,500 lbs. with Mamavation over the past four and a half years. We’ve also been very active in promoting health issues online. From petitioning Kraft to remove artificial colors to educating the public about weight bias issues, we are dedicated to continuing to bring important health issues to the forefront. This will not stop.
We were first created as a special community that assisted moms losing weight. And since then, we have grown to encompass disease prevention instead of just obesity prevention. Because lets face it, the health of our country is more than just it’s waistline. We have the highest rates of cancer in the world.
Several times per year, Mamavation has hosted a seven week boot camp for mothers who needed help losing weight and wanted support doing that. The only difference between how we used to operate and what we are doing now is our boot camp now encompasses strategies on how to minimize the impact environmental toxins have on your family–something very useful if a parent wanted to protect their child from cancer and other such diseases in adulthood. AND we are welcoming moms of all shapes and sizes to apply. (Continental US only please)
Mamavation Detoxify and Weight Loss Boot Camp
Mamavation will host a seven week detox and weight loss boot camp for three women from January 13th to March 3rd. This boot camp is FREE to the women selected and supports them by providing a customized nutritional plan, fitness plan, education and additional health guidance. They will also receive complimentary lab work done so they can have their health evaluated by professionals. And finally, the Mamavation Moms receive products from the companies supporting the campaign. All women who apply are considered in a committee comprised of Mamavation leadership and graduates of the campaign and announced during a twitter party on January 13th.
Mamavation Moms Learn About Detoxifying the Home
Over seven weeks, Mamavation Moms are taught all aspects of how environmental toxins can affect the health of their family and what actions they can take to decrease their “toxic load.” Because 90% of cancers are based on environmental toxic exposure, minimizing long term exposure to harmful chemicals is an important prevention tool. All workshops will be taught by professionals affiliated with the campaign. Themes will focus on food and nutrition, indoor air quality, personal care products, cleaning products, and detoxifying through nutrition and exercise. They will also have their personal labs analyzed to see what they should be most careful of. Detox is also attained from rigorous exercise, sweating and hydrating. Mamavation Moms will gain a whole new understanding of what it takes to live a healthy lifestyle after the boot camp is over.
Mamavation Moms Lose Weight
Mamavation Moms are given a customized diet and activity plan designed to help them shed some weight. They receive their own personalized nutritional plan from a Dietitian and fitness plan from a personal trainer. There are no size requirements for this campaign. Mamavation will accept an application from a mom of ANY shape or size, unless she is underweight. Weight loss goals are personal to so many variables, including how your body handles exercise, how much you weigh in general, and your metabolism. We can’t promise a specific weight amount lost, but we can anticipate a Mamavation Mom losing between 5-25 lbs. depending on how she follows the advisers of the campaign and how her body reacts to the program. The most a Mamavation Mom has lost from the time she applied till the time the campaign was over was about 40 lbs. The least amount of weight a Mamavation Mom has lost was about 7 lbs.
Professionals Tasked with Assisting the Mamavation Moms
The Mamavation Moms will have FREE professional support for seven weeks overseeing aspects of their health related to general well being, nutrition and activity. They will also receive free blood work to see if there are any minerals or vitamins they are deficient in. The Mamavation Moms will also have access to graduate mentors that have already gone through the campaign and understand what is required to finish. The professionals and prior graduates supporting the campaign are listed below:
- Follow @bookieboo Leah Segedie, Creator and Queen Bee
- Follow @RDCorrine Corrine Dobbas, Dietitian
- Follow @GFDoctor Jean Layton, Naturopathic Physician
- Follow @mrbookieboo Mark Segedie, Personal Trainer
- Follow @way2gomom Joanna Liberty, Campaign Mentor & Coordinator
- Follow @mommahunt16 Erica Hunt, Campaign Mentor & Graduate
- Follow @lydsrich Lydia Richmond, Campaign Mentor & Graduate
- Follow @jeanae Jeanae Osborne, Campaign Mentor & Graduate
- Follow @MomVantage Jessie Marr, Campaign Mentor & Graduate
Brands donating products to the Mamavation Moms
Several brands have donated to Mamavation to support their efforts. All products have been first vetted to ensure they have zero genetically modified ingredients, toxins or artificial ingredients.
1. Boiron–First Aid packages & sickness prevention
2. Earth Footwear–one pair from the new spring season
3. Earth Friendly Products–several selections to replace everyday household products
4. Living Now Foods–several selections to replace gluten
5. New Balance–one pair of running shoes
6. Stonyfield–one month supply
7. Naturally Savvy Goodie Bags with special product samples
How to Apply to the Mamavation Mom Boot Camp
Please note that if you have applied before, we have changed the procedure by which we accept applications. To be considered by the campaign, you must adhere to the new rules.
1. Create a video about why you want to be a Mamavation Mom. Please keep this video under 3 minutes. If you need examples of how this is done, you only need to view a couple of past application videos on YouTube. Please also note that most of these videos were created based on our weight loss only theme. This campaign is a bit different in theme because we also include strategies on how to avoid environmental toxins inside your home. Please include the new theme as well in your video.
2. Upload your video to your personal Facebook Wall tagging the Mamavation Facebook page. Ask your friends to LIKE Mamavation and support your application with comments. We love it when you get your audience involved in your application. It tells us you are dedicated to this lifestyle change and being part of our special campaign.
5. Tell your friends about your application and vow to make this change regardless of the outcome. We encourage you to create a blog post AND have your friends advocate for you by posting to the Mamavation Facebook Fan Page wall about you. (Did you know that your goals are more likely to come to fruition if you tell people you respect about them? It’s true which is one of the reasons WHY we ask you to involve your audience and friends. In the long run, we know we can only accept three moms but we would really love to have a positive impact on your life regardless.)
6. Applications must be received by January 6, 2014.
7. Finalists will be announced on January 6, 2014 and will be expected to be on the Mamavation TV show that night at 7pm PST/10pm EST.
Additional Requirements for Mamavation Moms
To apply to the Mamavation boot camp, applicants must have children still living in the home, a supportive spouse who is willing to take on some of the extra burden during the seven week campaign (VERY IMPORTANT), and the desire to permanently change their health. Applicants do NOT have to be a blogger, but they must be active on Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms to be considered. Mamavation Moms are required to enter a contract with Bookieboo LLC stipulating they will create content for the Mamavation site updating us on their efforts, appear as a star during our weekly Google Chat shows called Mamavation TV, adhere to the recommendations from professionals assisting the campaign, and create a certain amount of social shares per week/day. In return, Mamavation provides them with professional and emotional support during the campaign and free product.
When applicants apply, the campaign likes to see them immediately start working toward their goal. We want you to start combining more activity into your day and pay close attention to what you eat, always reading ingredients. We want you to start studying and learning NOW. Start reading all the ingredients in your food, personal care products, cleaning products and other such products you use around the house. Knowledge is power. We are impressed by women who are action takers.
Supporting the Campaign
Mamavation is subsidized by Bookieboo LLC, a healthy-minded social media consulting firm and blogger network. You can support us in the following ways if you would like this campaign to continue impacting lives online.
1. Encourage your blogger friends to join the Bookieboo Blogger Network. Right now we have just over 9,000 bloggers in the network and would love to continue growing and bringing bloggers the best healthy brand opportunities out there.
3. Become a fan of Mamavation on YouTube and don’t miss a single show. We just started up our YouTube page not too long ago.
4. Share this post with others in your online community. Here are some example updates to make this easier on you. Please make up your own if you want to.
Facebook or Google: “Would you like to lose weight in the New Year AND minimize the exposure your family has to harmful chemicals? Mamavation (tag page) is running a 7 week boot camp for 3 moms. It’s completely free and no voting required. Come check out what is offered to women who apply! http://bit.ly/IzMUoj”