You can’t quite think of Halloween without conjuring up images of candy corn. Love it or hate it, it’s distinctly Halloween. That tricolored treat inspired this Candy Corn Organic Pizza. Don’t worry, it tastes nothing like the candy. This organic pizza layers sauce, melty cheese, and colorful organic veggies on an easy, made from scratch, yeasty dough. It bakes to perfection and slices up to create a savory nod to a sweet treat.
No artificial colors or flavors in this pizza. The vibrant colors are from nature herself. I saw the most gorgeous yellow organic heirloom tomato and I had to find something to make with it. As I turned and saw the organic orange bell pepper, just as festively fall, I decided pizza would be a wonderful way to showcase their color and flavor. This entire large, organic pizza totals $9.33. Each serving of 2 slices is just $2.33. In case you were wondering how that’s possible, here is the cost breakdown:
- $1.19 Bob’s Red Mill Organic All Purpose Flour bought at Sprout’s
- $0.34 Active Dry Yeast from Sprout’s
- $0.17 Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Sprout’s buy one get one free sale
- $1.15 Organic Orange Bell Pepper at Von’s.
- $1.10 Organic Heirloom Yellow Tomato from Von’s.
- $0.04 Organic Corn Meal from Sprout’s.
- $0.35 Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauce bought during a sale at Sprout’s.
- $4.99 Organic Valley Italian blend cheese from Jimbo’s.