The weather is getting cooler and a steaming bowl of Easy Organic Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili with Jalapeño Cornbread Muffins might be just the thing to warm you up. This 2 bean chili is simmered for 8 hours, so it’s loaded with flavor and a bit of heat. The only thing better than the aroma of a pot full of chili filling the kitchen is a slow cooker doing all the work for you. It’s the ultimate time-saver and, paired with smart preparation, this whole meal takes almost no effort. I made the organic jalapeño cornbread muffins earlier to pair with Avocado and Organic Baked Eggs. I simply warmed them up to serve with dinner.
I decided to make this organic vegetarian chili to stick within my budget. Cutting meat out of a meal is a great way to eat organic on the cheap. It’s plenty filling and flavorful, but you could easily add grass fed beef to the recipe if you’d like. As is, this recipe costs only $8.06, which breaks down to a mere $2.02 per serving. Both of these recipes will leave you with some leftovers for the next day, too. The chili serves 6-8 and the muffins make 12 servings. I’ve listed the cost below for 4 servings of the entire meal:
- $1.06 O Organic kidney beans from Vons.
- $1.06 O Organic black beans from Vons.
- $2.72 O Organic crushed tomatoes also from Vons.
- $0.36 Organic vegetable broth from Sprouts.
- $0.27 Organic red onion from Vons.
- $0.13 Organic oregano from the buy 2 get one free deal at Vons.
- $0.06 Organic cayenne pepper also from the spice sale at Vons.
- $0.49 Organic chili powder on sale as well from Vons.
- $0.67 Organic ground cumin from Vons.
- $0.17 Organic eggs from Sprouts (store brand).
- $0.23 Organic Valley 2% Organic Milk on sale at Sprouts.
- $0.12 Organic olive oil on sale at Sprouts.
- $0.17 Bob’s Red Mill organic Cornmeal from Sprouts.
- $0.15 King Arthur Organic White Whole Wheat Flour from Sprouts.
- $0.13 Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Cane Sugar from Jimbo’s.
- $0.01 Bob’s Red Mill organic baking powder from Jimbo’s.
- $0.14 Jalapeños from Sprouts (could not find organic available anywhere).
- $0.00 Bob’s Red Mill organic baking soda also from Sprouts (cost per serving is less than 1 cent).
Here’s the recipe for you. If you’ve already made the muffins, then simply follow the instructions for the chili.[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][amd-zlrecipe-recipe:59][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]