I’ve been very impressed by the amount of talent we have in the fitness blogging niche. Our bloggers, coming from all walks of life, have united in health to share common experiences and their lives with their audiences. I think there are several that deserve some additional praise as the New Year is starting to emerge. So this list is NOT the Top 10 Most Influential Bloggers of 2011, it’s a list of up and coming bloggers that I think are just going to keep getting better. I advise you all to follow them on twitter and start paying attention to them because they are only going to get better and better. They are badass.
1. @MrsFatass, F*cking hilarious and real
2. @MealsandMiles, Great food porn and pets, etc. (You understand I don’t mean porn w/ pets…food porn is pics of food that make me want to eat. I’m just going to shut up now…I’m hoping my father in law doesn’t read this.)
3. @Runeatrepeat, What a REAL runner’s life is like (when I say that imagine I mean NORMAL not crazy)
4. @FANNEtasticfood, Again more food porn and me watching how life is like BEFORE kids
5. @Fitcheerldr, Canadians are so f*cking awesome…(Damn…why do I feel the need to cuss so much when pregnant. This is totally off topic, btw.)
6. @InspiredRD, She’s adorable…she’s nice…she knows her shit. RD means Dietitian for those of you that don’t know. And they actually go to school for that degree. Translation: you can trust what she says. Oh, and she’s gluten free.
7. @YumYucky, She always has a picture of her eating some “forbidden” food. She’s lost weight and is maintaining. Doing a good job of it by sharing REAL experiences.
8. @According2Kelly, She’s a runner. Lives in Orange County. No, she’s not a bitch and I don’t think she’s richer than Midas. She also does Team Sparkle. Those are the girls with the sparkle dresses on when they run marathons. Also Mom blogger.
9. @SmashFit, Trainer. Gorgeous and has a wonderful and loyal twitter following.
10. @JackSht, He’s sarcastic and very funny. Definitely a weight loss blogger and I have NO idea what he looks like. He just makes me laugh especially on twitter.
11. @Savorthethyme, healthy foodie who used to be a biologist. I think that’s fascinating. More of a mom blogger, but I am too, so I think that gives her brownie points.
12. @SarahStanley, Runner, Ultra marathoner (yeah, she’s crazy like that), vlogger and writes a lot about working out and different things you can do
13. @Fitmomtraining, Canadian, Is really foxy looking pregnant, does great information & personal posts
Understand this is a totally subjective list. I haven’t based my opinions on Klout scores or anything quantifiable. My opinions are based on a “gut feeling” that I’ve received and over the years, my own success has been based on that same gut feeling. So take that for what’s it’s worth. Each one of these bloggers has some some serious qualities about them that I know helps you rise to the top in this industry and those qualities are: good content, a willingness to help out or converse with their fellow blogger, community engagement, a positive attitude and dedication to their blog/social media platform.
I’m looking to do another post like this on runners, trainers, & more healthy foodies to watch in 2012. If you have any recommendations for that post (including yourself cause I really don’t mind people that already know how awesome they are) put it in the comments section w/ twitter names included. I’ll sort through it all with my Bookieboo lenses and create those lists pretty soon. 🙂