A healthy living journey can be mired in diets, regiments, food measuring, trainer sessions on your EA Sports Active, and as much rigor as you want. However when it comes to reaching your goal body there is a simple concept that truly matters… calories in should roughly equal calories out or else that extra energy converts to fat and you store it. This Tuesday we are doing a twitter party with Together Counts which is a national movement to reduce obesity in our families and children by 2015 with urging families to eat meals together and be active with another.
Check out what Together Counts is all about below…
Life does not have to be as crude as calories in and calories out though. There is room for all kinds of enjoyment along the way. This week we have a guest who has fun in the kitchen as well as balancing her healthy lifestyle to share tips on how she does it. She’s bringing a wealth of knowledge about healthy cooking tips to our show!
Jennifer Leal is a mother of two and the home cook behind the blog Savor the Thyme which celebrates healthier food and family togetherness peppered with personality. She obtained a MS in Immunology and worked for a large pharmaceutical company in Connecticut before starting her family. Currently, she works from home in Rhode Island as the Chief Household Officer and Owner of Savor the Thyme and weekly for Travelingmom.com, GalTime.com and Mamavation.
Jennifer is also a freelance writer and social media consultant who has recently been featured in national magazines including EatingWell and Yum Food and Fun for Kids. She was also named one of Babble.com’s Top Mom Food Bloggers in 2011. Jennifer spoke at Camp Blogaway in April 2011 and is speaking at Techmunch Boston in July 2011.
MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Together Counts. They are offering up 4 Sportsline Qlip Any-where Pedometers. To be eligible answer the following blogging carnival question in your weekly Mamavation blog post and mention Together Counts with a link back to their site. Link up your post here.
How often do you and your family eat meals together and get active together?
Please include, “This post is sponsored by Together Counts and I’m writing this to be entered into a Qlip Any-where Pedometer giveaway hosted by Mamavation .” at the end of your post if you enter the blogging carnival.
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over twitter. (Or later if I get swamped)
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
- Sportsline Qlip Any-where Pedometer (2 winners)
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV. This week sponsored by @TogetherCounts. Join us! http://bit.ly/kNkLui” (Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
- Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (1 entry for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the #mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Follow @TogetherCounts on twitter (1 entry)
- Give @Bookieboo Klout points, +Klout in Fitness, nutrition, health, social media, or parenting. (1 entry each)