Congratulations to our Campaign Mothers and the participants of the Move It or Lose It Challenge. Big numbers were posted all around, but most of all we hope that lifestyle changes were implemented that will benefit participants and their families.
This week is an interesting time of change for many of us. Daylight savings time is springing us forward to lose an hour of sleep, but gain an extra hour of sunlight as we finish our days. In another week Spring will be here and with it a change to more favorable weather. Are you planning to take advantage of light and better weather for your workouts? Are you planning a garden or what to make with the fresh harvests from farmers markets? If you aren’t then start making your game plan now.
Perhaps a plan for this time change and workout motivation can be a boot camp workout. I hope everyone was inspired by Bookieboo with the #armystrong campaign last week. This week’s show will include her recap of that experience as well as a special guest.
Daniel Alarik is a former US Army Infantry Drill Sergeant. He will talk to us about physical training in Army boot camp. His company is Grunt Style, a company of US Veterans and family members of veterans of the US Military. They create fashionable patriotic wear for every American Patriot.
MAMAVATION TV: Join us Monday night at 7pm PST/10pm EST on Mingle Media TV
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Fit Studio. One blogging carnival participant will receive a Fitness Basket with Weider PowerSwitch Adjustable 25 lb. Hand Weight, 65 cm Fitness Ball, and Sportline Elite Fitness Pedometer.. Answer the following question in your blog post and link back to the Fit Studio website. Link up your post here to share with others.
Question: What time of day works best for you to be active? How do you make sure you stick to those planned workouts?
Also be sure to declare you disclosure with “This post is sponsored by SEARS FitStudio and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway hosted by Mamavation and sponsored by Sears.” at the bottom of your post.
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over twitter. (Or later if I get swamped)
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
- Fitness Basket with a Weider PowerSwitch Adjustable 25 lb. Hand Weight, 65 cm Fitness Ball, and Sportline Elite Fitness Pedometer. (1 winner)
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV. This week sponsored by @fitstudio. Join us! http://bit.ly/gK8nDo #fitstudio” (Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
- Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (1 entry for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the #mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Follow @FitStudio on Twitter (1 entry)
- Like Earth Footwear on Facebook (1 entry)
- Follow @ChefsRequested on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow @TraceyMallett on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow @InspiredRD on Twitter (1 entry)