Disclaimer: Bookieboo LLC was compensated for hosting this twitter party with the Mushroom Council, as well as a 30 Day Weight Loss Challenge in which 15 bloggers were challenged to makeover 4 meals per week with mushrooms. We have a policy not to work with brands containing genetically modified ingredients, transfats or other synthetic ingredients. You can rest assured that this brand has met our guidelines for approval in the Bookieboo Network.
At Mamavation, we are not strangers to weight loss challenges. We have helped our community members lose over 3,500 pounds through 18 boot camps with our Mamavation Moms™ and 15 Mamavation 2 Week Challenges. We know that you cannot out train bad nutrition and that much of your weight loss success stems from what you put in your mouth. And we also know that many people have a hard time changing their nutrition because they feel hungry. That’s where the #MushroomMakeover challenge comes in. For 30 days, we have asked our #MushroomMakeover Weight Loss Challenge Bloggers to add mushrooms to their meals with the help of meal plans from our Mamavation Dietitian Corinne Dobbas – either in place of meat or blended with meat – in order to assist their weight loss in combination with an exercise regimen from our Mamavation Personal Trainer Mark Segedie because mushrooms can lower calorie and fat intake while still providing a filling, satiating meal.
How to Makeover Your Meals with Mushrooms
Mushrooms are a fantastic ingredients in food – especially when you’re looking to adapt your nutrition to improve your weight loss. They can be added to just about any dish to add flavor and nutrition – mushrooms bring nutrients like vitamin B, vitamin D, and potassium while also being low in sodium and gluten free. The umami (Japanese for the fifth taste which described at savory and rich) means that you also don’t have to add more salt at the table. But if you’re not already using mushrooms, you might be a bit unsure of how to transform your meals into the delicious and healthier versions they can be when you make them over with mushrooms. That’s where our party with our panel of bloggers is coming in to help!
Join us on Tuesday April 8th, from 6-7:30pm PST (9-10:30pm EST) for our #MushroomMakeover Twitter Party where we will check in and hear status updates from each of the 30 Day Weight Loss Challenge bloggers, talk about the meals that they were able to create during the challenge, and learn more about how to make over our meals with mushrooms.
TWITTER PARTY DETAILS:
Who: Mushroom Council
What: Twitter party
When: Tuesday, April 8th
Time: 6:00-7:30pm PST (9:00-10:30pm EST)
- Follow @bookieboo @Bookieboo-Hostess
- Follow @MushroomChannel @MushroomChannel-#MushroomMakeover Sponsor
- Follow @mrbookieboo @MrBookieboo-Mamavation Personal Trainer
- Follow @RDCorinne @RDCorinne-Mamavation Dietitian
- Follow @way2gomom @way2gomom-Mamavation Campaign Manager
- Follow @AsBestRecipes @AsBestRecipes-Adriana Martin of Adriana’s Best Recipes
- Follow @HappyMothering @HappyMothering-Chrystal Johnson of Happy Mothering
- Follow @MamaHarrisKitch @MamaHarrisKitch-Dawn Harris of Mama Harris’ Kitchen
- Follow @MamasSpot @MamasSpot-Heather Krapsicher of Mamas Spot
- Follow @iSaveEveryday @iSaveEveryday-Jennifer Garza of iSaveA2Z
- Follow @jennifer_sikora @jennifer_sikora-Jennifer Sikora of Jen’s Journey
- Follow @makobikelly @makobikelly-Kelly Hutchinson of Makobi Scribe
- Follow @spabettie @spabettie-Kristina Sloggett of spabettie
- Follow @familyspice @familyspice-Laura Bashar of Family Spice
- Follow @DinnerMom @DinnerMom-Marjory Pilley of The Dinner-Mom
- Follow @Yumology @Yumology-Megan Brewer of Yumology
- Follow @SimplyBeingMom @SimplyBeingMom-Melanie Walsh of Simply Being Mommy
- Follow @MuchAdoBlog @MuchAdoBlog-Minerva Thai of Much Ado About Fooding
- Follow @OrWhateverYouDo @OrWhateverYouDo-Nicole Johnson of Or Whatever You Do
- Follow @Rachel_L @Rachel_L-Rachel Lacy of Following In My Shoes
15 prizes, Mushroom Kits–enjoy fresh mushrooms in 10 days, valued at $20 each
HOW TO ENTER:
1.Share about this party on two social media platforms of your choice like Facebook & Twitter
“Cut calories & feel fuller with #MushroomMakeover meals – learn more at Twitter Party 4/8 w/ @MushroomChannel http://bit.ly/1oVwYNw”
“Join the #MushroomMakeover Twitter Party 4/8 to make healthy filling meals w/ @MushroomChannel http://bit.ly/1oVwYNw”
Sample Facebook & Google update:
“Join me for a #MushroomMakeover Twitter party on 4/8 at 6pm PST/9pm EST with @MushroomChannel to chat about using mushrooms to add nutrition and flavor to meals while lowering the calories & fat! http://bit.ly/1oVwYNw”
2.) Hit the link below so we know you are coming!
3.) During the party, winners will be randomly selected via use of the #MushroomMakeover hashtag. So the more you tweet, the more likely you will win.