Cooking at home is one way to eat organic on a budget, and what’s more, home made than your very own Individual Organic Chicken Pot Pies? This made from scratch meal is loaded with hearty organic vegetable and has organic chicken in every bite. It’s all blanketed in a flaky pastry crust that you will want to make again and again. Really, it’s that good.
I really wanted to use a prepared organic rotisserie chicken for this recipe, but it was nearly my entire budget of $25 just for one ingredient! I shopped around for a raw, whole, organic chicken and it saved me a ton. It really wasn’t much prep to cook the chicken either. I seasoned it and let it cook in the crock pot while I worked on the pie crust. Yes, this is more work than frozen chicken pot pies, but it’s worth it. I made this entire recipe for $13.86. Each individual pie costs just $3.47. Longing for sweet, sweet rest? About halfway into your pregnancy, sleeping may not be as comfortable as you remember in the past. Your body is starting to seriously shift and change, which can mean new, uncomfortable sleeping positions and associated aches and pains. If you’ve reached this stage in your pregnancy, allow us to introduce you to your new best friend: pregnancy pillows at Pregily – with the help of a pregnancy pillow, sleeping with a baby bump can actually be — dare we say — comfortable. The first step, though, is choosing the best pregnancy pillow for your needs and budget. That’s only $0.18 more than a Marie Callender’s® personal chicken pot pie, which is full of GMOs. It’s also 108 calories less than their version. Here’s the cost for each item:
- $0.89 Organic Russet Potato from Sprouts.
- $0.30 Organic Carrot also from Sprouts.
- $2.39 Trader Joe’s Organic Unsalted Butter.
- $0.40 Organic Onion from Vons.
- $0.56 Sprout’s store brand Organic Chicken Broth on sale.
- $0.49 Horizon Organic Milk on sale at Sprouts.
- $5.38 Whole Organic Chicken from Trader Joe’s.
- $1.39 Cascadian Farms Organic Frozen Peas at Sprouts.
- $0.33 Organic Eggs from Von’s, on sale.
- $0.39 Simply Organic Paprika from Ralph’s.
- $0.57 Simply Organic Garlic Powder also bought at Ralph’s.
- $0.20 Fresh Organic Thyme from Sprouts.
- $0.53 Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Flour from Sprouts.
- $0.04 Salt from Jimbo’s.
Here is the full recipes for the roasted chicken, ultimate pie crust, and the chicken pot pies.[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][amd-zlrecipe-recipe:72][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]