Last week we hosted a twitter party asking Similac to remove genetically modified organisms (GMOs) from their infant formula. We had about three days to plan and execute this 90 minute party and these were the results from all our hard work:
23 MILLION impressions11.05 MILLION accounts reached528 participantsover 4,000 tweets with the hashtag #SimilacNoGMO in 90 minutes
over 2,3000 signatures to the petition
And now we are doing this AGAIN to reach a FACEBOOK audience with this message. Join us this Wednesday, May 29th from 9-10pm EST (6-7pm PST) for a Facebook Party petitioning Similac to remove GMOs from their infant formula.
Over 64 countries around the world label or outright ban GMOs from their food supply because of concerns of safety. In the US, we put it in everything including infant formula and that needs to change. As the experts debate on the safety of GMOs in our food supply, I’m calling on Similac to exercise an abundance of caution and remove them from their infant formula. I don’t think that is too much to ask considering babies are the most vulnerable. In fact, brands like Playtex Baby voluntarily removed BpA from their baby products because of consumer safety concerns. I think Similac needs to do the same thing.
Babies in the US can’t wait for more longterm safety testing to come out of Europe saying that GMOs are dangerous. We want them gone now.
Please watch this video, sign the petition and share it with your friends…
Join me in petitioning Similac to remove genetically modified organisms (GMOs) from their infant formula during an online rally on FACEBOOK Wednesday, May 29th from 9-10pm EST (6-7pm PST). Because when it comes to babies, is it really worth the risk?
When: Wednesday, May 29th 9-10pm EST (6-7pm PST)
Theme: Educational Rally about GMOs in infant formula and baby food. We want Similac to reformulate and lead the industry in positive change.
Giveaways every 3 minutes….
Some very generous brands also supported our efforts and because of them we will be doing a giveaway every 3 minutes.
1. Nutiva gift baskets (3 winners)
3. Unhealthy Truth by Robyn O’Brien (3 winners)
4. GMO Inside Kits: “I’m Not a Lab Rat” Tshirt, GMO Inside pins, Labeling stickers saying “May Contain GMOs” (3 winners)
How to Enter:
1. To enter please share this on two social media platforms of your choice. Here is a sample tweet in case you choose to use twitter:
FACEBOOK PARTY: I’m standing w/ @Bookieboo & asking Similac 2 remove #GMOs from their formula, http://bit.ly/140ULyM #SimilacNoGMO
#GMOs in Similac baby formula? We want u 2 remove them & lead positive industry change, http://bit.ly/140ULyM #SimilacNoGMO
2. During the event, every time you participate, including commenting, sharing images, or anything else we can see, will enter you to win a prize. There are no maximum entries. We want you to participate as much as you can. Our mission is to share this message with as many people as possible. We are very grateful to anyone that helps us do that.I have not been compensated by any of the sponsors above to host this online event. I’m doing it to drive petition signatures to ask Similac to remove genetic modified organisms from their baby formula. That’s pretty much it.