When it comes to wellness and the green movement, it seems we all joined in a different way. Our founder, Leah, started with 100 pound weight loss which lead to her taking a closer look at what foods she was really putting into her body. As for myself, I often refer to cloth diapers as my “gateway drug.” That lead to coconut oil on nearly every surface and the discovery of Mamavation and my eye-opening bootcamp. However we joined this lifestyle, we are all here for the same reasons–to keep our families healthy and safe. Be that mom.
But, to those around us who haven’t turned to the greener side of life, we can look less like informed activists, and more like “that mom.” If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, I’ve been labeled as “that mom” a time or two. It’s bound to happen when you’re in a crowded Disneyland changing room and whip out a wetbag full of colorful cloth diapers, the looks were just as dirty as the diapers. I’m sure my son’s school thinks I’m “that mom” because on root beer float day he loudly declared “Teacher! I can’t have soda.” and refused. From talking with the other moms, I am not alone in these moments that solidified my status as “that mom” in the world. In case you’re still on the fence as to whether or not you’re “that mom” here are 10 ways to know for sure:
1. You bring almonds and orange slices as snacks to the kids’ baseball game and you get booed.
2. Your kids don’t fight bad guys, they fight imaginary GMOs when playing in the backyard.
3. The family pets are chickens.
4. Goldfish crackers have been replaced by Annie’s organic cheddar bunnies.
5. Your child asks you “who’s the Burger King?”
6. A Himalayan salt lamp is your choice of night light.
7. When you pull out your kindle and someone asks what you’re reading you say “a great ebook on fermenting foods!” as they scrunch up their face in response.
8. Your child requests a blue birthday cake so you stock up on red cabbage to naturally color the frosting.
9. You bring your own dye free mouth wash and natural toothpaste to the dentist.
10. When no one comes to your house to trick or treat on Halloween because “your candy is weird.”
All joking aside, it’s important to do what’s right for your family and if you’re doing what you feel is best, who cares what other people think? What I love about being “that mom” is even if strangers think I’m crazy or weird, I still have a community to turn to who gets it. It can be tough going it alone, as I’m sure we all remember from when we first made a change. I spent hours researching online while I was pregnant trying to find information on every decision I made with no idea where to look. Slowly, I found sources I trusted and a great groups of moms online.
It’s still hard work and a lot of research, but I know where to turn for answers. A lot of those answers can be found in the Wellness Ebook Bundle. Just like when I began my journey to get healthier, they researched and gathered information. The result is a compilation of over 40 ebooks covering a variety of topics associated with total wellness. It’s invaluable information all in one place.
Disclosure: Bookieboo LLC has an affiliate relationship with Wellness Media and Mamavation’s E-book, The Mamavation Guide to Raising Healthy Families, is a part of this bundle.
These ebooks were designed with moms in mind. They’re easy to download and read on the go whenever you can squeeze in the time. It’s also incredibly simple to navigate through the Complete Wellness Bundle to find what you’re looking for. Perhaps best of all, they were designed to be budget friendly. For this week only the complete wellness bundle is available at a 95% discount! It contains 44 ebooks as well as bonus gardening plans, meal plans, and menus all for just $29.97. That breaks down to around 60¢ per ebook or ecourse.
Even though I already know I’m “that mom” there are still quite a few areas of wellness I have yet to delve into. Personally I am still lost when it comes to essential oils and natural dentistry, so those topics interest me the most. If you still aren’t sure if the “that mom” label applies to you, don’t worry, you’re bound to find something to help you join the club. Here are some of the ebooks you’ll receive in the bundle, and you can find the full list at the bottom of this post.
As if that weren’t enough of a deal, a number of brands have teamed up to provide free products and discounts when you purchase this bundle. That puts the total value of the Complete Wellness Bundle at over $1300. Here’s what the brands below have included as your gift with purchase:
One free bottle of Desiccated Liver with any order from Radiant Life
10% off any order + a free Bass brush from OraWellness
Free shipping and coupon code from Earth Runners
An entry to win a 14 piece Green Versa Cookware Set from Xtrema
2 months free membership and a $10 gift card to Thrive Market
- Bonus from Branch Basics
- Free BeeSilk lotion bar from MadeOn
Wear your “that mom” label proud, you’ve earned it with the informed decisions you’ve made for your family. As the old saying goes, “when you know better, you do better” and what a wonderful resource this is to help you be in the know when it comes to wellness and health. Remember this special price is only good May 18th-25th.I’d love to hear your own “that mom” stories of when you had the realization that your parenting was anything but mainstream. Feel free to share them in the comments below. Also let me know which ebook you’re most excited to read, here’s the full list of ebooks you’ll receive.
The Complete List of Ebooks and Ecourses
- Guide to Natural Cleaning – Katie of Wellness Mama
- 14 Day Detox Revolution – Dr. Joshua of The Alternative Daily
- The Art of Gardening – Susan of Learning and Yearning
- 10 Things to Know About Essential Oils Before You Buy – Adrienne of Whole New Mom
- The Eczema Cure – Emily of Holistic Squid
- Food As Medicine – Christa of The Whole Journey
- My Buttered Life – MadeOn Skin Care
- Restocking the Pantry – Kresha of Nourishing Joy
- From Your Garden to Your Family – Stephanie of Mama and Baby Love
- The Lacto-Fermented Soda Guide – Hannah of Kombucha Kamp
- Super Food, Super You – Josh of Dr. Axe
- Your Orchestra of Micronutrients – Mira of Calton Nutrition
- Confessions of a Cloth Diaper Convert – Erin of The Humbled Homemaker
- The Complete Pregnancy Guide – Katie of Wellness Mama
- The Mamavation Guide to Raising Healthy Families – Leah of Mamavation (hey that’s us!)
- The GAPS Pregnancy Guide – Melanie of Honest Body
- Natural Beauty Recipes – Katie of Wellness Mama
- Salve Made Simple – Jennifer of Hybrid Rasta Mama
- A Closer Look at Vitamins and Minerals – Audry of A Nutritional Makeover
- The King’s Medicine – Josh of Dr. Axe
- Questions to Ask Your Dentist – Will of OraWellness
- Healing Hashimotos – Dr. Alan of Dr. Christianson
- Healthier Living Naturally – Christina of Home Remedies for Mom
- Squeaky Clean Paleo – Karen of Holistically Engineered
- No Flour Cracker and Flatbread Cookbook – Lori and Michelle of Purely Twins
- Purely Classic Recipes – Lori and Michelle of Purely Twins
- Cooking with Coconut Oil – Jennifer of Hybrid Rasta Mama
- Keeping It Real – Jessica of Delicious Obsessions
- Keeping Your Cool – Jessica of Delicious Obsessions
- From Your Freezer to Your Family – Stephanie of Mama and Baby Love
- Blend – Faith of An Edible Mosaic and Alyssa Brantley of Everyday Maden
- Grain Free Grab and Go – Hayley of Health Starts in the Kitchen
- Paleo Treats and Healthy Sweets – Taylor of Crave
- The Grain Free Snacker – Carol of Ditch the Wheat
- Toadilly Primal Smoothies – Todd of Primal Toad
- Just Making Ice Cream – Marillyn of Just Making Noise
- Fermented Foods Made Simple – Hannah of Whole Simple Life
- Guide to Making Coconut Flour Breads – Kayla of Radiant Life
- 52 Healthy Paleo Breakfast Recipes – Caitlin of Grass Fed Girl
- Easy Paleo Gelatin Treats – Caitlin of Grass Fed Girl
- Green Smoothies – Hannah of Whole Simple Life
- Real Food for Rookies – Kelly The Kitchen Kop
- Gluten Free Grain Free Baking – Stephanie of Mama and Baby Love
- 2 Gardening Plans – Colleen of Little Homesteaders
2 Paleo Freezer Menus – Leanne of Saving Dinner
2 Paleo Crockpot Menus – Leanne of Saving Dinner
- Fermented Foods Made Simple Course – Hannah of Whole Simple Life
- 4 Weeks of Unprocessed Foods Meal Plan – Hannah of Whole Simple Life