This year has seen lots of excitement with health and fitness. I’m excited about how this year has changed our country in terms of respecting the importance of health. We’ve come a long way and have a long way to go, but we are making a dent. Since it’s the end of the year, it’s time to recognize women who have contributed heavily to the important of health & fitness in social media.They are badass. *my favorite word* Period.
Here are the Top 10 Most Influential Females in Fitness for 2011. Btw, I’m NOT including celebrities…what’s the point? (Not in order of importance)…
1. @KellyOlexa. This year Kelly started up a blogging network called Fitfluencial and so far it’s worked to organize our blogging niche. We were never organized before. She saw the opportunity and jumped on it. That’s brilliance and those type of women always do well because they aren’t afraid of hard work and “hanging ur balls out there.”
2. @Fitbottomedgirl. Always a favorite of social media and especially on Facebook a force to be reckoned with. They’re badass. Enough said.
3. @ReneeJRoss. In the past couple of years, Renee went from mom blogging and crossed over to fitness blogging. She lost over 50 lbs. and is an inspiration to mom bloggers. She’s constantly working with brands and is someone I’ve admired for a long time.
4. @LisaJohnson. Lisa is the kind of person who has an opinion and will share it without fear. I respect that about her. She’s also the #1 Pilates instructor on twitter and ALSO has gyms of her own. So not only does she work as a professional blogger, but she’s also a business owner outside of the space. That’s a true accomplishment. She’s kinda like Superwoman.
5. @Mizfitonline. Carla has a loyal audience and writes about all things from fitness and nutrition to products and her daughter. She was once a body builder and if you like the non-conventional, you’ll like her.
6. @JoyceCherrier. How can you forget Joyce? Joyce has a unique audience that combines true social media addicts, marketers, the hard core fitness crowd and mom bloggers and somehow she has become relevant to them all. A task not easy. Trust me.
7. @RoniNoone. Roni organizes the FitBloggin conference every year in Baltimore, Maryland. It’s now the largest fitness blogging conference out there and she deserves our mad respect for providing a place where we can get together every year.
8. @CarrotsNCake. Tina has a fabulous following of young women and her blog consists of yummy recipes, workouts, posts about her life, and any other such thing that catches her fancy. Plus, she’s just really nice.
9. @Skinnyjeans. You can’t have a list without Stephanie on it. She’s not so much a blogger anymore as she is heading into the iPhone app industry, BUT she’s still rocks it and paved the way for most fitness bloggers. And for that she will always deserve our respect.
10. @Bookieboo. Yeah, that’s me and I WAS egotistical enough to put myself on my own list. But I thought about it and decided that I deserved a spot with the rest of the badass women here. Yadda yadda yadda, I’m the creator of the Mamavation community.
I also wanted to include some women that deserved some recognition as up and coming…
Congrats to you all and here’s to a fabulous 2012 YO!!!