Do you feel like you need to get away from it all for the weekend with girlfriends? Have some wine, farm to table food, do some unique shopping, and see sights that only California can bring you? Check out Paso Robles.
Paso Robles is hosting Fitcation, a special wellness themed event for bloggers in October. Tickets to Fitcation have long been sold out, but we thought it might be nice to share some of what we will be seeing with the rest of the world and offer prizes. Join our #TravelPaso Twitter Party on Wednesday, Sept. 18th from 7-8:30pm PST (10-11:30pm EST) for a chat about how much fun it is to travel with girlfriends and win some prizes!
Super extreme fun in Paso Robles includes:
- Wine excursions: Nestled in the Santa Lucia Mountains of idyllic Central California midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco, Paso Robles is California’s fastest growing wine region and its largest geographic appellation. In the mid 1990’s, Paso Robles was home to 35 wineries and 13,000 acres of grapes. Today there are more than 200 wineries, many of whom are small boutique producers dotting the countryside amongst Paso Robles’ 26,000 vineyard acres. Wine lovers can visit a large variety of tasting rooms, many of which offer picnic areas and specialty winemaker dinners. Convenient transportation includes the Wine Line, a continuous hop-on, hop-off series of BioDiesel vans that run throughout the wine region, and Wine Wrangler offers a wide variety of wine country tours. For those who desire a hands-on approach to wine, First Crush offers wine making and blending classes. Or, book one of Steinbeck Vineyards’ educational “Crash Courses” to learn about the history of the Paso Robles wine region, sustainable wine growing and more. For a roundup of the area’s top wine events, visit www.travelpaso.com.
- Natural mineral spring spas: As far back as 1795, Paso Robles had been spoken of and written about as “California’s oldest watering place” – the place to go for springs and mud baths. Today natural hot springs spas are still available at specific designated rooms at the Paso Robles Inn and you’ll find several outdoor spas under the oaks at River Oaks Hot Springs Spas. Spa treatments and indoor spas available as well.
- Outdoor activities: Paso Robles offers a wide variety of options for visitors to roll up their sleeves and get back to nature. Outdoor enthusiasts will delight in the plethora of fun activities. From biking the windy rolling hills of Paso Robles to hiking the coastal bluffs at Montana de Oro, there are plenty of outdoor activities to please everyone, including Outback Trail Rides. Imagine an adventure through the vineyards and hills of the Paso Robles wine country on horseback. Outback Trail Rides is proud to announce it has partnered with two new locations in the area, Cass Winery and Calcareous Vineyard. Each ride is paired with a complimentary wine tasting upon return to the winery for those 21 years and older. Call 805.286.8772 or visit http://www.outbacktrailrides.com for more information.
- Central Coast Food Tours: Featuring custom crafted tours that include insider access to people and properties not generally available to the public Central Coast food Tours has added some new adventures to its list of popular activities– Sana Margarita Zip line, wine tasting and hosted gourmet picnic,, personalized Wine tasting tour with hosted gourmet picnic or gourmet 4 course dinners, private sailing charter along the Central Coast with hosted gourmet lunch or dinner, farm tours and hosted picnic or gourmet 4 course dinner.
- Fresh farm to fork cuisine/Agritourism: Organic fruits and vegetables abound, as well as grass-fed meats, virgin olive oils, and an abundance of fresh fish, oysters and even abalone. Not only is this rich bounty available to the local chefs who purchase from these farmers, ranchers and artisans, visitors and locals alike have the opportunity to experience these farms. Visitors can learn how olive oil is made and taste varieties at several olive oil farms, tasting rooms and festivals. A sampling includes:
- Pasolivo – Sample local olive oil where extra virgin olive oil is made of Tuscan olives grown on their ranch. They have over 45 acres of olive trees, in varieties chosen specifically for their excellent oil. Olives are pressed in their own olive press, just steps away from the orchard.
- We Olive – For an urban olive oil tasting experience, head to We Olive in downtown Paso Robles to taste more than 30 specialty, extra virgin olive oils, both local and national.·
- Jack Creek Farms – this fifth generation farm boasts demonstration gardens, a farm store, farm animals, a bakery, antique farm equipment on display, fields of sunflowers, seasonal vine ripe tomatoes, cherries, figs pumpkins, olallieberries, apples and much more.
- Limerock Orchards – each autumn this family run farm hand harvests exceptional walnuts to make gourmet walnut oil.
- Central Coast Lavender Farms – this seven acre Lavender farm features essential oils, hydrosols, fine culinary lavenders as well as natural paraben free skin care and well-being heath and home essentials
- Family activities: Paso Robles offers moms, dads and kids a wide range of activities and comfortable family-friendly places to stay. Also, families will find many kid-friendly Paso Robles restaurants and wineries that offer bocce ball, cave tours, rail cars to explore and beautiful views!o Crawl through a life-size oak tree, stomp “grapes” to make juice and shop for “fresh” fruits and veggies at a bi-lingual market, all under the roof of a Volunteer Firehouse at the Children’s Museum o Cook a gourmet family meal incorporating local vegetables, olive oil, meats and fresh seafood at a cooking class led by Chef Andre of Dining with Andre (the kids might even eat their veggies!)o Feed and milk goats, and learn how goat cheese and ice cream is made at Happy Acres Goat Farm
- Experience the true Wild West at Harris Stage Lines where you’ll learn about life on a ranch, take a ride in an authentic stagecoach, ride a horse, and maybe even rope a steer! They also offer summer day and weekly horse camps.
- Go on a treasure hunt in a real life castle in the sky at nearby Hearst Castle, the former home of media mogul William Randolph Hearst
- Beckon your inner artist at Studios on the Park where you can paint, sew and even work with beeswax, visit local galleries and head to Studio MPK for kids art camp
- Sip local wines while the little ones enjoy a “soda tasting” at Pithy Little Wine Company
- Let the kids ride the waves and get wet and wild at Ravine Water Park’s summer day camp while the parents enjoy wine tasting
- Improve your swing at River Oaks Golf Course on the nation’s only six-hole player development course ideal for kids (whether you’re a novice or pro, you’ll have some family fun!)
Who: @TravelPaso and the ladies going to Fitcation in Paso Robles
What: Twitter Party
When: Wednesday, September 18th
Time: 7-8:30pm PST
Panelists of #Fitcation Attendees & Brands:
1. GRAND PRIZE: FREE Two night Stay at Zenaida Cellars ($700 value) in Paso Robles. (1 winner)
2. Fitcation Love of Paso Robles Gift Bags containing the following: (10 winners)
- One Lavender Sachet from Central Coasts Lavender Farms
- An bottle of extra virgin olive oil from Olive Diva
- A baked bar from Bless Your Heart Bakery
- A wine opener from Paso Robles Wine Country Alliance
- A bag of assorted natural teas from Spice of Life
How to Enter:
1. RSVP on the linky below
2. Please share this post on two social media platforms of your choice like Facebook & Twitter
Sample Tweet: “Need a girlfriend vacation? Join the #TravelPaso Twitter party w/ #Fitcation13 bloggers on 9/18 at 7pm PST, http://bit.ly/18dAfSZ ”
Sample Facebook & Google update: “Do you need a vacation with the girls? Join the #TravelPaso Twitter Party w/ bloggers going to Paso Robles on 9/18 at 7pm PST for a chat about vacations w/ friends and prizes, http://bit.ly/18dAfSZ ”
3. Show up to the party and tweet. Prizes will be drawn at random based on uses of hashtag #travelpaso.