Seafood is a great option when you are eating on the lighter side, but I am clueless when it comes to choosing the right fish. I always let someone else buy and prepare it. When I attended ShiftCon this past October, I was intrigued to receive some wild Alaskan salmon in one of my swag bags. It came in a vacuum sealed package, already prepared, and I knew I could trust the brand because they were at a GMO-free conference. It was the perfect ingredient to create Wild Alaskan Salmon and Organic Citrus and Bean Salad.
This salad is a combination of organic spring lettuce, sweet caramelized organic onions, bold organic citrus, and soft organic cannellini beans, all topped with flavorful pieces of salmon. Each colorful ingredient adds a layer of flavor to this dish. Even with quality wild Alaskan Salmon, this dish came in on budget. It’s $14.78 for 4 servings ($3.70/each). Here is the ingredients I used and their cost:
- $12.00 Patagonia Provisions Wild Alaskan Salmon from www.patagoniaprovisons.com.
- $1.00 Earthbound Organic Spring Mix from Sprouts.
- $0.99 Organic Orange from Sprouts.
- $0.53 Eden Organic Cannellini Beans on sale at Sprouts.
- $0.23 Organic Yellow Onion from Sprouts.
- $0.03 Organic Olive Oil from the buy one get one free sale at Sprouts.
Ready to make this salmon and bean salad for your family? Here is the recipe:[amd-zlrecipe-recipe:79]