Mamavation® is founded by Leah Segedie. Mamavation does NOT do reviews. We do investigations of entire product categories based on ingredients and materials used. All investigations are earned media.
Products we rank as “better” or “best” in an investigation, we are open to establishing affiliate relationships with. We very rarely do sponsored posts.
If you would like to send us product, please note we are under no obligation to cover your brand on Mamavation.com. We do not write about everything we receive. Content is based on what the needs of our audience are.
Here are some simple parameters on ingredients and materials:
- Food Brands: Food products must be free from genetically modified ingredients (GMOs), synthetic additives, synthetic preservatives, synthetic food dyes, and trans fats. The packaging and/or container must be free from bisphenols & PFAS “forever chemicals.” Bonus points if you have spot-checked your product by testing for total organic fluorine.
- Personal Care Brands: Personal care products must be free from parabens, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, synthetic dyes, 1-4 dioxane, formaldehyde, triclosan, or aluminum. Packaging must be free from bisphenols, phthalates, and PFAS “forever chemicals” to the lowest detectable level. Committed to 100% ingredient disclosure, so we want to know what your fragrance is made of.
- Cleaning Product Brands: Cleaning products must be free from toxic VOCs, phthalates, 1-4 dioxane, formaldehyde, optical brighteners, or triclosan. Committed to 100% ingredient disclosure, so we want to know what your fragrance is made of.
- Baby and Child-Related Sponsors: We encourage manufacturers to have Green Guard or GOTS certification. We also accept brands that follow practices of the European Union. Diapers should be free of chlorine & dioxins. Cloth diapers must not be covered with PVC. Toys must be free from lead. No fire retardant chemicals or PFAS. All additional requirements are listed in the categories above.
- Shoes/Apparel: We prefer athletic wear AND casual wear that is fair trade OR made with organic cotton, hemp or other natural fibers. We encourage organic fluorine testing, especially in the crotch for athletic wear or the fabric next to your nipple in sports bras.
- Fitness Equipment: Fitness equipment must NOT be too gimmicky. No vinyl or PVC materials.
- Authors/Books: We love books about natural health, fitness, weight loss, parenting, and food activism.
If you would like us to work with us, please email Leah Segedie at leahsegedie (at) mamavation (dot) com with information about your product.