- How important is personal action to combating climate change?on October 4, 2021 at 5:49 pm
economist.comEating less meat or giving up flying are palpable ways people can help mitigate climate change. But how much does personal action matter? And […]
- LISTEN: Why is it taking so long for Pennsylvania to regulate toxic chemicals in drinking water?on October 1, 2021 at 10:57 am
ehn.orgPITTSBURGH—Thousands of Pennsylvanians are being exposed to toxic chemicals in their drinking water. The state has been working to regula...
- Lab-grown meat is supposed to be inevitable. The science tells a different story.on September 25, 2021 at 8:02 pm
thecounter.orgHeadlines have overshadowed inconvenient truths about biology and cost. Now, new research suggests the lab-grown meat industry may be on a crash […]
- New research shows glyphosate could be harmful to freshwater ecosystemson September 25, 2021 at 11:30 am
www.cbc.caSome residents in Colchester County are worried about the effects of the herbicide glyphosate being sprayed on land near waterways, and new resea...
- Jim Irving says glyphosate ban would be 'disastrous'on September 23, 2021 at 1:09 am
www.cbc.caNew Brunswick’s largest forestry company and its wealthy owners have urged members of the provincial legislature to not give in to what the...
- Okinawa governor wants on-site scrutiny after water samples show toxic discharge from Marine baseon September 15, 2021 at 4:18 am
stripes.comGinowan city said it sampled water just outside Marine Corps Air Station Futenma’s fence line on Aug. 26, approximately two hours after the...
- Tennessee River cleanup lawsuit against 3M, Decatur, Morgan County nears settlement deadlineon September 8, 2021 at 2:27 am
whnt.comThe lawsuit filed in 2016 alleges 3M and other chemical makers in the Decatur, AL, area contaminated the Tennessee River with PFAs chemicals prod...
- Indigenous leaders renew calls to ban use of glyphosate in New Brunswick forestson September 8, 2021 at 2:06 am
www.cbc.caThe New Brunswick Legislature's committee on climate change and environmental stewardship heard arguments from Indigenous leaders who want t...
- The six problems aviation must fix to hit net zeroon September 5, 2021 at 2:45 pm
theguardian.comWith passenger numbers growing and time to slash emissions dwindling fast, the aviation industry must tackle urgent stumbling blocks on fuel, […]
- Okinawa governor condemns Marine Corps for releasing tainted water into public systemon August 31, 2021 at 3:45 am
stripes.comGov. Denny Tamaki said he learned the Marines were releasing potentially contaminated water at about the time it was being done.
- If you have this iPhone, your heart could be at risk, FDA warnson August 27, 2021 at 6:05 pm
yahoo.comHigh-powered magnets used in certain devices, such as the iPhone 12, could create interference with implantable medical devices such as pacemaker...
- Walters Art Museum closed for three weeks after employees exposed to vaporson August 27, 2021 at 6:01 pm
washingtonpost.comThe Walters Art Museum abruptly shut its doors for three weeks starting in mid-June after about half a dozen employees became ill from […]
- ‘We must travel better’on August 23, 2021 at 8:47 pm
cntraveller.inAs more forests burn, as more glaciers melt, as more pollution damages the air, as more wildlife slips away, as the world heats up, we stand to […]
- Fill 'er up: New local businesses offer bulk products to push plastics asideon August 23, 2021 at 6:13 pm
dailyprogress.comDogwood Refillery has opened at Seminole Square Shopping Center, while Staunton-based Refill Renew is only weeks away from opening its […]
- How superweeds like Palmer amaranth are changing agricultureon August 23, 2021 at 10:34 am
nytimes.comHerbicides are losing the war — and agriculture might never be the same again. If there's a plant perfectly suited to outcompete the f...
- Denser cities could be a climate boon – but nimbyism stands in the wayon August 22, 2021 at 8:11 pm
theguardian.comDrawing people into cities could cut emissions and combat housing crises. But even progressives are hard to convince.
- The outdoors is having an automotive momenton August 19, 2021 at 9:06 pm
outsideonline.comMore people are buying vehicles that allow them to visit national parks, car-camp, and get farther into the backcountry. But what does this […]
- Could nice smells be hurting the planet? NOAA study finds fragrance rivals car exhauston August 19, 2021 at 8:12 pm
clickorlando.comHow many of us wake up in the morning and use some type of product that has a fragrance? Stop for a moment and think about how many times just […]
- How endocrine disruptors affect menstruationon August 19, 2021 at 10:55 am
americanscientist.orgThe ubiquity of phthalates and other substances known to interfere with hormonal pathways disproportionately harms people with periods.
- New climate maps show a transformed United Stateson August 17, 2021 at 3:00 pm
propublica.orgAccording to new data analyzed by ProPublica and The New York Times Magazine, warming temperatures, rising seas and changing rainfall will […]