- Conservative backlash kills off EU’s Green Deal push to slash pesticide useon November 23, 2023 at 11:31 am
politico.euDefeat marks a “dark day” for European society, the environment and farmers, says lawmaker who led negotiations on the bill.
- France to continue compensating farmers with Parkinson's disease linked to glyphosate useon November 23, 2023 at 7:34 am
euronews.comFrance has been compensating farmers with Parkinson's for the last three years following numerous scientific studies linking the disease to ...
- Glyphosate leaves its mark even in protected areas of Brazil’s Cerradoon November 23, 2023 at 7:32 am
mongabay.comBreathing clean air in Brazil’s Cerrado grassland has become increasingly hard, according to a recent study by researchers in the central s...
- EU Commission to extend use of glyphosate for 10 more years after member countries fail to agreeon November 17, 2023 at 11:02 am
apnews.comThe European Commission will continue the use of the controversial chemical herbicide glyphosate in the European Union for 10 more years after th...
- Waste pickers are fighting for recognition in the global plastics treatyon November 16, 2023 at 11:11 am
grist.org"Private companies are not capable of extracting anywhere near the amount of recyclables that reclaimers are."
- ‘It’s an abomination’: battle brewing over proposed US laws to protect pesticide companieson November 6, 2023 at 11:29 am
theguardian.comExclusive: Even as juries decide against a herbicide maker, proposed industry-backed measures would limit lawsuits and local use restrictions.
- When a groundskeeper took on Monsanto — and wonon November 3, 2023 at 11:47 am
thefern.orgThe documentary Into The Weeds, which has its U.S. streaming release on Dec. 8, tells the story of Dewayne Lee Johnson, a school district grounds...
- Toxic pesticides are sprayed next to thousands of US schoolson November 3, 2023 at 10:06 am
insideclimatenews.orgAs many as 2 million children attend elementary schools near farms where pesticides are likely applied, as federal legislators aim to gut […]
- Tracing the links of Monsanto's weed killer glyphosate to cancer caseson November 3, 2023 at 10:00 am
alleghenyfront.orgJournalist Carey Gillam on the lawsuit against Monsanto that unleashed thousands of cases and why toxic chemicals are still in the […]
- Bayer investor urges rethink after latest glyphosate defeaton November 2, 2023 at 8:25 am
reuters.comBayer investor Union Investment called on Wednesday for the German company to reconsider its litigation strategy for glyphosate and a key U.S. tr...
- Child cancer deaths in Brazil: Is soy farming to blame?on November 1, 2023 at 10:59 am
www.dw.comA new study suggests that pesticides used in soy cultivation could be correlated to child cancer deaths in Brazil, the world's largest produ...
- Monsanto hit with $175m verdict against Roundupon October 27, 2023 at 11:29 pm
ehn.orgA Philadelphia jury on Friday hit Monsanto with a $175 million verdict in favor of a cancer patient who claimed the company failed to warn about ...
- Two major studies reveal devastating effect of PFAS and food additives on male and female sexual healthon October 23, 2023 at 10:00 am
dailymail.co.ukIn two new reviews of scientific literature from across the globe, researchers looked at the impact of exposure to EDCs on male and female […]
- That old nonstick skillet may be unsafe. Here's how to tellon October 11, 2023 at 6:03 pm
cnet.comDepending on the age of your Teflon pots and pans, they may contain harmful PFOAs. This helpful guide to nonstick cookware has all the answers yo...
- Does glyphosate cause cancer? Australia’s Roundup case against Monsanto will offer a fresh legal answeron October 1, 2023 at 8:04 pm
theguardian.comThe class action will be decided by a single judge and could be a ‘genuine problem for Monsanto and Bayer if we’re successful’,...
- Climate change is eyeing up your favorite sporton September 21, 2023 at 3:14 pm
theweek.comClimate change is making it more difficult for athletes worldwide to partake in their favorite sports, as rising temperatures complicate the game...
- EU Commission recommends glyphosate licence renewalon September 21, 2023 at 11:45 am
www.rte.ieThe European Commission is recommending that the controversial herbicide glyphosate be renewed, subject to conditions, when its current licence e...
- Everyone is likely overexposed to BPA – EUon September 18, 2023 at 11:35 am
ehn.orgOur exposure to a common plastic additive linked to breast cancer and obesity likely exceeds health thresholds set by governments worldwide.The E...
- Food can literally be addictive, new evidence suggestson September 13, 2023 at 12:39 pm
scientificamerican.comHighly processed foods resemble drugs of misuse in a number of disturbing ways.
- Weedkiller glyphosate shows up in all but one of the samples tested on Irish volunteerson September 12, 2023 at 9:18 am
independent.ieGlyphosate has been found in samples taken from all but one of a group of Irish volunteers tested for the controversial weedkiller.