- Monsanto behind GOP effort to defund cancer researcherson August 23, 2019 at 11:27 am
Documents suggest the firm has antagonized regulators and applied pressure to shape research of the world’s leading herbicide.
- French mayors ban glyphosate weedkiller, defying governmenton August 23, 2019 at 11:24 am
Some 20 French mayors have banned glyphosate from their municipalities, defying the government, which is now taking legal action to impose nation...
- Retail giants face pressure to change chemical-coated receipt paperon August 23, 2019 at 11:22 am
Some of Canada's biggest retailers started testing alternatives to receipt paper that's coated in potentially dangerous chemicals, as p...
- Toxic chemicals can enter food through packaging, so we made a liston August 23, 2019 at 10:49 am
Environmental NGO EDF has identified toxic chemicals of concern that must be addressed to ensure health and safety.
- Concerns raised over ‘regrettable’ BPA substitutionson August 22, 2019 at 10:00 am
Research indicates chemicals used as alternatives to bisphenol A in polycarbonate plastics and epoxy resins aren't always safer.
- Stormwater is washing a cocktail of contaminants off of streets into drainson August 22, 2019 at 9:53 am
Urban stormwater is washing harmful substances off of buildings and streets into storm drains.
- As climate warms, cool summer evenings are first to goon August 22, 2019 at 1:34 am
Cool summer evenings are becoming a distant memory.
- Paper straws won't stop climate changeon August 21, 2019 at 12:47 am
They’re a single-use, disposable consumer item—a greener option, but not a green one.
- Colombia: Indigenous Yukpa besieged by deforestation and armed conflicton August 19, 2019 at 11:00 pm
The indigenous Yukpa have seen their land be taken over, their rivers diverted, and their people threatened by guerrilla and paramilitary groups.
- Elton John defends royals' private jet use amid climate change hypocrisy controversyon August 19, 2019 at 9:51 pm
Elton John defends royal family from "malicious" attacks.
- See the complicated landscape of plastic bans in the USon August 16, 2019 at 11:23 am
A new map shows where states have banned plastic—and where states have banned bans on plastic.
- The F.D.A.’s new cigarette warnings are disturbing. See for yourself.on August 16, 2019 at 11:22 am
Weakened by court battles with major tobacco companies, the F.D.A. has softened its depictions of smoking-related illnesses required for cigarett...
- Arundel farmers say their blood samples show high levels of ‘forever chemicals’on August 16, 2019 at 10:00 am
Fred and Laura Stone's dairy farm has been shut down because of contamination from PFAS they say got into their water, soil and cows' m...
- Pittsboro agrees to notify residents of drinking water contaminationon August 16, 2019 at 4:02 am
The Pittsboro board said chemicals don’t exceed standards, but residents need to know about the contamination so they can decide whether or...
- The Atmotube clips on your backpack to track the smog around youon August 15, 2019 at 10:18 pm
Government air quality measurements only come from a few locations. Now you can find out how clean the air is on your block, on your commute, or ...
- ‘It is raining plastic’: Scientists find microplastic in rainfall in Denver and Boulderon August 15, 2019 at 9:54 pm
Researchers found plastic showed up in 90% of the samples taken in Denver and Boulder.
- What is blue-green algae, and can it hurt you or your dog?on August 15, 2019 at 9:53 pm
With numerous lake closings for blue-green algae this summer, including Lake Hopatcong, people have become fearful of going into waterways, and o...
- Massive federal report is only first step in assessing safety of crumb-rubber turf fieldson August 15, 2019 at 1:31 pm
A joint effort between two U.S. federal agencies has released its first report about crumb-rubber synthetic fields, but you still have to wait if...
- NY seeks to be first state requiring ingredient labeling on menstrual productson August 15, 2019 at 11:28 am
A New York bill passed this summer would require labeling on menstrual products that lists the ingredients so women can avoid potential toxic exp...
- Lead crisis in Newark grows, as bottled water distribution is bungledon August 15, 2019 at 11:25 am
Worries about the safety of the drinking water in New Jersey’s largest city have raised comparisons to Flint, Mich.