In the U. S. and it’s territories we face Thanksgiving this week. It is a time to focus on what you are grateful for and celebrate the good fortunes in your life. This week’s guests are going to talk about how to avoid putting on holiday weight during all this merriment. They are both LOVELY ladies – I can say that having met both of them at Fitbloggin’ earlier in the year. Both walk the walk of enjoying life and not needing that to be an excuse to expand their waistlines.
Josie is a mother to four children, ages 2-18 years-old! Her highest weight was 185 pounds and she was almost a size 14. Her lowest weight was 147. “I like to feed my greedy gene 10-15% of the time. It wants cake, pizza, fresh hot rolls with butter, and other foods offensive to the perfect people”. Her secret is balancing this “Love-of-Food Fest” with a healthy lifestyle that includes exercising on most days of the week, eating healthy foods, and drinking lots of water. Josie defines Yum Yucky as a way of life to find balance between fitness and your greedy side. Keep your body moving and eat well. This may take some practice, but it’s definitely achievable if your best friends are Moderation, Discipline, Portion Control, and Commitment.
Emily is the weight loss blogger behind Skinny Emmie: a journey to get fit and live life. Since starting Skinny Emmie, she has lost over 110 pounds through workouts, clean eating, and addressing emotional issues and triggers.
BLOGGING CARNIVAL: This week’s blogging carnival is sponsored by Eco-Foil. Two blogging carnival participants will each receive an Eco-foil Variety Pack (displayed above). To be eligible answer the following blogging carnival question in your weekly Mamavation blog post and mention Eco-Foil with a link back to their site. Link up your post here.
What is your plan to avoid overindulging during holiday feasts?
Also be sure to declare you disclosure with “This post is sponsored by Eco-foil and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway hosted by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women“” at the bottom of your post.
SISTAHOOD: If you are interested in pledging to the Mamavation Sistahood, Monday is the time to do it. Please go here for instructions. Invitations are done on Wednesdays over twitter. (Or later if I get swamped)
GIVEAWAYS (You must attend Mamavation TV show to win):
- Eco-foil Variety Pack (2 winners)
To Enter (leave a comment for entry):
- Hit the Linky
- Tweet out this message “Giveaways LIVE on #Mamavation TV. This week sponsored by @ecofoilpans. Join us! http://bit.ly/skN25U” (Unlimited Entries for tweets)
Extra Entries (leave a comment for EVERY entry):
- Download the Alexa tool bar, http://www.alexa.com/toolbar (this will help your Alexa rating go up and will help Mamavation too!) (1 entry)
- Comment on a Mamavation Monday post. (1 entry for each blog you visit)
- Tell a Sista this week WHY she is special on twitter using the #mamavation hashtag (1 entry)
- Subscribe to the RSS feed of this blog (1 entry)
- Follow @Gruntstyle on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow@InspiredRD on Twitter (1 entry)
- Follow @ecofoilpans on Twitter (1 entry)
- Like Eco-foil on Facebook ( 1 entry)
- Give @Bookieboo Klout points, +Klout in Fitness, nutrition, health, social media, or parenting. (1 entry each)