It’s something that’s completely fallen through the cracks of modern society — get this: In 2016, food stamps still can’t be used to make online food purchases. We can go online and buy almost ANYTHING. You name it, you can get it. So why are 46.5 million people who depend on food stamps stuck in the stone age?
In America, 74% of people who live at or below the poverty line have access to the internet, but only 30% of them have access to a car. Kind of surprising, but the relative cost of each explains the disparity. And with the emergence of Thrive Market, an online-only healthy food merchant, the only common sense option left is to take food stamps to the web. It’s only logical to give folks greater access to affordable organic and non-GMO food for their families.
How Can You Help?
You can show your support by visiting ThriveAction.org and adding your name to the petition developed to pressure the USDA to provide Americans with online food stamps. We need everyone to join forces to appeal to the USDA for prompt action!
We’re also hosting the #HealthyFood4All Twitter party on Tuesday, July 19th at 6pm PST/9pm EST to kickoff the petition and draw attention to this important grassroots movement. Join us for exciting conversation about the movement and enter to win some great prizes.
Who: Thrive Market
When: Tuesday, July 19th
Time: 6pm PST/9pm EST
Panelists Joining the #HealthyFood4All Twitter Party
@Bookieboo – Host
@THRIVEmkt – Co-host
@ActivistMommy – Giveaway Queen
@HoneysLife – Special Guest & Panelist
@ConsumerQueen–Special Guest & Panelist
- Ultimate Paleo Kit + 5 year Thrive Market Membership (one winner)
- Supreme Vegan Package (one winner)
- One Year Thrive Market Membership + Thrive Market 15oz Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (3 winners)
- Thrive Market 15oz Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (20 winners)
How to RSVP and Enter Giveaways (4 Steps)
1. Tell us who you are by filling out this form. If you win, we’ll need your info.
2. Share about this twitter party on two social media platforms of your choice like Facebook & Twitter.
3. Talk, talk, talk! Be sure to take part in the Twitter conversation to be entered for prizes.
4. Hit the linky below so others know you’ll be there!