Two-thirds of adults in the United States eat just 1-2 servings of fruits and vegetables per day when the recommendation is actually 5+ per day. Why are so many people not getting the recommended amounts? Well, long story short, we are busy, overwhelmed, and some of us don’t have access. Most people are deficient in something. In fact, 30 million Americans are deficient in vitamin B6, a vital nutrient to the body, which can make us feel tired and overwhelmed (1). And in our fast-paced society, it’s becoming harder to satisfy that 5 servings a day with our insatiable need for quick fixes on the go.
Overall, families in the US often lack the motivation, time and means to incorporate fresh fruits and veggies into their diets. Recognizing the dichotomy between cheap fast food and more expensive, time consuming fresh produce is critical because it demonstrates another aspect of our nation’s declining health and the need to make drastic improvements to fill the nutritional gap we’re suffering from.
How to Fill the Gap
Greater access to more fresh and affordable local food in all communities is one key to addressing this nutritional crisis, especially in food insecure communities that may not have many fresh food options. Our farming practices also have to change. The decline in the nutritional potency of fruits, vegetables and grains is precipitated by lack of crop rotation, pesticides and fertilizer, and other aggressive agricultural practices have caused deficiencies in the soil and the food it produces. Reverting back to tried and true crop rotation, organic farming practices, etc. will dramatically increase the health value of our food.
But for your family, supplementation is another important step. Only 6% of Americans report eating 5 or more servings of fruits and vegetables a day! It can be challenging to get all the nutrients you need from diet alone, because the food is simply not as nutritious as it once was AND if you’re also taking medications or have a physically demanding lifestyle that depletes your body, you are still in need.
The good news is that MegaFood offers a full line of multivitamins to help you close the gaps in your diet. MegaFood spends over 236 hours on each batch of supplements because they know real nutrition can’t be rushed. Their gentle technology carefully dries farm-fresh fruis and veggies to a specific point of dehydration to preserve all the nutrients, colors, and aromas of fresh produce. The entire process happens right in New Hampshire, where MegaFood uses the utmost care to optimize nutrient content every step of the way, for the healthiest end product possible.
Take the MegaFood Pledge
MegaFood’s mission is to improve lives and help cure nutritional poverty. They’ve teamed up with Wholesome Wave in asking Americans to take the MegaPledge to help close the nutritional gaps in their diets by using one of MegaFood’s doctor formulated multivitamins. For every pledge received through the end of June, MegaFood will donate one bottle of multivitamins and two servings of fruits and veggies to those in need, focusing on underserved communities that Wholesome Wave is supporting in making healthier food choices by increasing access to fresh, local food.
The MegaPledge is also supported by MegaFood’s Multivitamin Collection formulated by Dr. Tieraona Low Dog. The full line is formulated to support the health of men and women during various phases of life, offering 70% or more of the suggested daily value of key nutrients in just two tablets! MegaFood is committed to real. The feel of fresh vegetables, the smell of real fruit. Of working with real farmers. Of being a small, honest, rooted-in-real-New Hampshire company, and their pledge is worthy of our support.
It’s easy to make your pledge. Just visit https://megafood.com/megapledge, click once and enter your name. If you’re one of the first 20,000 pledgers, you’ll receive a $5 MegaFood coupon to use on your next purchase, and everyone who signs the pledge will be entered to win a year’s supply of MegaFood multivitamins and a grand prize trip for two to a wellness retreat getaway!
Join us for a Facebook Party sponsored by MegaFood on the Mamavation Facebook Fan Page on Tuesday, May 16th at at 10am PDT/1pm EDT. We’ll be discussing the MegaFood Pledge and how it can help you fill your nutritional gaps and help others do the same. Every like, comment and interaction we get during the party will increase your chances of winning.
Details About the MegaFood Facebook Party
Who: Mamavation Community & MegaFood
What: Facebook Party
When: Tuesday, May 16th
Where: Mamavation Facebook Fan Page
Time: 10am PDT/1pm EDT
RSVP: Click on the Facebook Event Page to RSVP
Giveaways for the MegaFood Facebook Party on 5/16/17
There will be $1,600 in prizes up for grabs when you join us in celebration. You could win ANY of these prizes provided you RSVP and engage during the party. Party prizes are listed below:
- Happy Days package (value $320) includes a Polaroid camera and film + (3) age/gender specific multivitamins of your choice and a copy of Dr. Low Dog’s Fortify For Your Life.
- Blissful Eats and Drinks package (value $300) includes a 6 month Urthbox organic snack box subscription and a 3 month Citizen Bean fair trade coffee subscription + (3) age/gender specific multivitamins of your choice and a copy of Dr. Low Dog’s Fortify For Your Life.
- Detox and Rejuvenate package (value $270) includes a white noise machine, natural bristle dry body brush set, organic black clay mask, organic herbal facial steam, organic bath soak trio and sleep mask + (3) age/gender specific multivitamins of your choice and a copy of Dr. Low Dog’s Fortify For Your Life.
- Make a Move Fitness package (value $250) includes a Moov Now fitness tracker, Thinksport yoga mat and yoga towel + (3) age/gender specific multivitamins of your choice and a copy of Dr. Low Dog’s Fortify For Your Life.
- Healthy Sips package (value $240) includes an Eva Solo drip-free glass tea maker, Topoko glass tea infuser bottle and organic loose leaf tea + (3) age/gender specific multivitamins of your choice and a copy of Dr. Low Dog’s Fortify For Your Life.
- Pursuing Wellness package (value $220) includes an essential oil diffuser and set of organic essential oils + (3) age/gender specific multivitamins of your choice and a copy of Dr. Low Dog’s Fortify For Your Life.
How to Enter to Win Prizes
- Fill out this form. Give us your name and address so we can ship your prize if you win!
- RSVP by clicking you will attend here on our Mamavation Facebook Event Page (RSVP hosted on Mamavation Facebook Fan page)
- Visit https://megafood.com/megapledge and take the one-click pledge.
- Share about this party on two social media platforms of your choice like Facebook and Twitter. Sample Facebook status update: “MegaFood helps you fill your nutritional gap. Take the pledge and win! Join (tag @Mamavation) on Tuesday, May 16th at 10am PDT/1pm EDT for a Facebook Party about MegaFood’s pledge to help cure nutritional poverty. We’ll be giving away $1,600 in prizes! Join us! https://www.mamavation.com/2017/05/megafood-fill-the-gap-facebook-party.html #FilltheGap ”
Be sure to come and join in on this important conversation. Winners will be randomly chosen Friday, May 19th and contacted. You can’t win if you don’t fill out our forms so we know who you are.
ABBREVIATED RULES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited by law. Open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States including the District of Columbia who are the age of majority or older as of the date of entry. Promotion begins Tuesday, May 16th, 2017 at 10:00am Pacific Time (“PDT”)/1:00pm Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Saturday, May 20th, 2017 at 8:00am Pacific Time (“PDT”)/1:00pm Eastern Time (“the Promotion Period”). To enter, during the Promotion Period, go to the Mamavation (“Administrator”) Facebook Fan Page and complete and submit the registration form, including a valid home address, name and email address. (1) Happy Days package (value $320); (1) Blissful Eats and Drinks package (value $300); (1) Detox and Rejuvenate package (value $270); (1) Make a Move Fitness package (value $250) ; (1) Healthy Sips package (value $240); (1) Pursuing Wellness package (value $220). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): [$1,600 total]. Odds of winning are based on number of eligible entries received. For complete rules and eligibility requirements, visit official rules here.
- Cited from Fortify Your Life, Tieraona Low Dog, M.D. https://books.google.com/books?id=wtjvCAAAQBAJ&pg=PT213&lpg=PT213&dq=30+million+americans+b6+cdc&source=bl&ots=XeuavUDx-S&sig=Hrc7klyBgfAhZi58w_GPlw39QrU&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiPqYynl-HTAhXnyFQKHTJKD8kQ6AEIOzAE#v=onepage&q=30%20million%20americans%20b6%20cdc&f=false
JOIN THE MAMAVATION COMMUNITY.
Join thousands of other women empowering themselves through health.