This Community Is For You!
Hey, my name is Leah Segedie and I’m excited you’ve joined us!
Whether you’re the greenest mom on the block or just getting started, I know you’ll find this blog to be a valuable resource on your journey to dumbing down the amount of hormone-disrupting chemicals your family is exposed to. And don’t worry if you are just getting started because my life used to be full of chemicals, including daily fast food trips, microwaving in plastic, using dangerous chemicals on my skin and smoking. Other than the smoking, I had no idea what those actions could do to my health or later on my family’s health. So I’m not here to judge…just to help you be the superstar of your domicile!
After discovering that hormone-disrupting chemicals are linked to most of the chronic diseases we find in the modern world, I was on a mission to curtail that epidemic in my own family. How do you go about getting rid of all these dangerous chemicals within your home? There was information out there from companies and industry groups, but I didn’t trust most of it.
Over several years, I did hundreds of interviews with scientists, doctors & other professionals, aligned with reputable public health organizations, brought on several advisors and went forth in condensing everything for simplicity so I could share it. The outcome was this blog, our community and my first book Green Enough: Eat Better, Live Cleaner, Be Happier (All Without Driving Your Family Crazy!).
Long story short, Mamavation is about empowering women through eco-wellness. And really that means a focus on wellness as a lifestyle, health for everyone, and sustainability. In the Mamavation community, you’ll find a judgment-free zone of women from of all walks of life–from deep green to light green. We are united by our determination to provide a healthier home for our families, support the brands that create better products, and treat other women with respect and dignity.
If you are intimidated by how complicated it has become living a healthier lifestyle then Mamavation is your home. We are all in this together!
Mamavation is Full of Resources to Support Your Busy Life
- Keep in touch with us! If you just want to be kept in the loop on all our investigations, posts, parties, and other special events subscribe to our weekly newsletter and you’ll be the first to know when things come out!
- If you are looking for safe products and don’t want to do all the research yourself, check out our shopping page where I’ve curated the safest products for your family. These recommendations will help you stock the fridge, pantry, storage bin, medicine cabinet, etc with little to no hormone-disrupting chemicals. You can also find kitchen appliances without PFAS chemical additives linked to weight gain, safe food container that won’t leach phthalates and bisphenols into your food, and safe lunch boxes for the kids. Just use the drop-down menu to search for the category you are looking for.
- If you want to join our community and find a group of women who are supportive and don’t judge you as you are learning, ask permission to join the Mamavation Facebook Group. (Ladies only, please.) The women of our community span from super newbies to dark green and all in between. You’ll love this group of supportive women to rely on as you gradually start living a toxic-free lifestyle.
- If you need information on current events pertaining to your health OR just need a laugh, follow our Mamavation Facebook Page.
Some of Our Most Popular Posts Are Our Investigations!
Mamavation has been investigating products & food you would find at the grocery store for several years. And every year we add more and more. Here is a list of what we have accomplished so far that you can browse through. Each investigation breaks down products by ingredients and tells you who the bad, better and best brands are.
Food & Pantry
- Organic Dairies
- Chips & Salsa
- Meal Replacement & Protein Bars
- Oatmeals & Oat Based Cereals
- Processed Meats
- Salad Dressings & Marinades
- Peanut Butter
- Canned food
- BBQ Foods
Personal Care Products
- Soap & body wash
- Nail Polish
- Hair Styling Products
- Hair Dye
- Face Wash & Moisturizers
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- MLM Companies
- Dental Floss
- Toilet Paper
- Head Lice Treatment Products
- Hair Relaxers
Cookware & Other Kitchen
- Water Filters
- Small Kitchen Appliances
- Multi-cookers & pressure cookers
- Waffle makers & griddles
- Disposable plates & foodware
Other Consumer Products & Remodeling
Elementary Schooled Kids
Keep checking back because we continiously add to this list.
Here Are Some of Our Other Popular Posts
- 10 Processed Foods to Never Feed Your Kids
- 10 Homemade Natural Shampoo Recipes for DIYers
- Top 10 Toxic Kid Cereals To Avoid at All Costs
- 10 Cancer-Causing Foods In Your Diet
- 10 Reasons to Eat Jello Everyday
- 25 Ways Apple Cider Vinegar Will Change Your Life
- Armpit Cleanse: How to Reduce Your Breast Cancer Risk
- How to Find Deals on Non-GMO Foods
- 12 Inflammatory Foods
- One a Budget? 13 Foods You Don’t Need to Buy Organic
- How to Find Out if your Doctor is Beholden to Pharma
- 50 Superfoods You Should Be Eating
- Toxic Vitamin: How to Pick a Supplement that is Clean for Your Family
- 11 Ways Intermittent Fasting Will Save Your Life
We add content weekly to be sure to subscribe via email and you’ll be in the know about everything!
Hope you can stick around and join the family!